New fact checks about things Harris has said

thesetat2013

Boy oh boy ,  corporate media !

Nyt accused of lying about harris plagiarism allegations to minimize scandal.

Christopher Rufo — who helped expose alleged plagiarism by Harvard president Claudine Gay that eventually led to her ouster — posted on Monday that several passages in Harris’ 2009 book, “Smart on Crime,” closely resembled or perfectly matched wording from other sources.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/15/media/ny-times-allegedly-lying-about-kamala-harris-plagiarism-allegations/

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Boy oh boy ,  corporate media !

Nyt accused of lying about harris plagiarism allegations to minimize scandal.

Christopher Rufo — who helped expose alleged plagiarism by Harvard president Claudine Gay that eventually led to her ouster — posted on Monday that several passages in Harris’ 2009 book, “Smart on Crime,” closely resembled or perfectly matched wording from other sources.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/15/media/ny-times-allegedly-lying-about-kamala-harris-plagiarism-allegations/

I don't know which is worse, actually using wikipedia as a source or hiding the fact that you copied entire passages from wikipedia. Involving wikipedia in any publication that hopes to be respectable is a travesty. But I suspect this sort of thing is even more widespread than people think. In fact, I know it is. About ten years ago, I was given a book to go through and look over prior to publication. It was intended for an academic press--not one in the US, I had better make clear. Anyway, the contributors were all from a highly respected (in its own country) non-US/European university. Passages made no sense whatsoever. So I googled a few sentences and clauses to try and look up the subject so that I could at least understand it better. Every single fragment I googled came from wikipedia. Every contributor had done nothing but cut and paste haphazardly. Our elites are inauthentic fakers to the core.

• Confused 1