New Jersey Couple’s Encounter with Wolves Turns Birthday Celebration into a Wild Adventure

Social Media

image.png

Michee Jules and his wife Maya set off to Quebec, Canada, in February to celebrate Michee’s 34th birthday, but their vacation took an unexpected turn when they found themselves surrounded by a howling pack of wolves outside their cabin. The couple, who had been warned about the presence of wolves in the area, were stunned when nine wolves appeared outside the glass walls of their cabin, filling the night air with eerie howls.

Michee, an animal lover with a passion for capturing wildlife in its natural habitat, was in awe of the rare encounter. “I love animals and my passion is to capture the moments while seeing them interacting in their natural environment,” he said. The couple had planned a seven-day stay, but neither anticipated seeing the wolves so close and so frequently. 

Michee Jules interacting with local wolves while on vacation with his wife at a cabin in Quebec, Canada in January 2024

“I couldn’t believe we were lucky enough to see the wolves so close up and so often,” Michee shared, recalling how the wolves made daily appearances during their stay. Despite their proximity, the experience was peaceful. “When I opened the door to the wolves, I was very surprised by their calm reaction,” Michee said. Though he maintained a respectful distance, Michee never felt threatened by the pack. 

The encounter left a lasting impression on the couple, who are already planning to return. “I’d definitely go back to Canada again just for this experience alone,” Michee added. What was meant to be a quiet birthday getaway became an unforgettable wildlife adventure that connected the couple with nature in a way they never expected.

Michee Jules interacts with local wolves while vacationing in a cabin in Quebec, Canada, in January 2024.

Based on a report from the NYP 2024-10-17

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Like 1