Uk Visitors Visa

Hi,

Hoping for a little advice.

I will be moving back home to the UK next month and I want to take my Thai girlfriend with me, her visit will be only 3 weeks and she will return to Thailand. We've been looking at the application form and the necessary supporting documents. I will be paying for her trip fully, so does she need to send her bank statements or just mine? I've been living in Thailand for 6 months teaching so should I bother including pay slips or just my English bank statement? Is it a good idea to get a letter of invitation from my family (thats who we'll be staying with) maybe saying that they (and I) will be support her for her stay?

She doesn't have a job so that will most probably count against her, she has a kid but he isn't coming, I see there is a question about if she has a kid in the application form, is it best to say yes(a reason for her to return to Thailand) or is it best to say no?

I hope someone can give me some advice! cheers.

Forgot to ask, how long does the application in person take in BKK? Is it just one day? or do you have to go back a few times over a few days?

Edited by Billfo

The embassy undertakes to consider applications as far as possible solely on the basis of the paperwork submitted. In this event, your g/f should have a result within a week of the application being made. If an interview is deemed necessary, she will be given a date and time to attend the embassy, and this will depend upon the length of the queue at that time.

You should declare the truth on the application form, so if your g/f has a child, then enter this on the form: failure to do so could return to bite her on the backside if, in the future, she applies for settlement and wishes her child to settle too. Three weeks is a reasonable length of time to visit and you should include a letter of invitation from your parents. However, that you are returning to the UK for good might raise a few doubts in the visa officer's mind. You should also include evidence of your relationship, your bank statements and your g/f's.

Scouse.

Scouse, thanks a lot for the reply.

Regarding the fact about me going home for good, is it best, if asked, to say that I'm going home to visit?

3 weeks isn't a long time so i hope they see it that way too!

Do you know if 1 day in BKK will be enough t submit the form personally for the biometric info?

Thanks a lot for the help again, I appreciate it.

Edited by Billfo

Scouse, thanks a lot for the reply.

Regarding the fact about me going home for good, is it best, if asked, to say that I'm going home to visit?

3 weeks isn't a long time so i hope they see it that way too!

Do you know if 1 day in BKK will be enough t submit the form personally for the biometric info?

Thanks a lot for the help again, I appreciate it.

The entire UKVAC application process should not take more then 1-2 hours depending on how busy it is. Most of that time will be spend waiting (you a bit more on the outside then she inside)

The embassy undertakes to consider applications as far as possible solely on the basis of the paperwork submitted. In this event, your g/f should have a result within a week of the application being made. If an interview is deemed necessary, she will be given a date and time to attend the embassy, and this will depend upon the length of the queue at that time.

You should declare the truth on the application form, so if your g/f has a child, then enter this on the form: failure to do so could return to bite her on the backside if, in the future, she applies for settlement and wishes her child to settle too. Three weeks is a reasonable length of time to visit and you should include a letter of invitation from your parents. However, that you are returning to the UK for good might raise a few doubts in the visa officer's mind. You should also include evidence of your relationship, your bank statements and your g/f's.

Scouse.

Absolutely right - do not even consider being 'econonomical' with the truth, tell it like it is.

I had a run-in with a visa agency, who I subsequently sacked, because they wanted to tell half truths on the VAF1. The inconsistencies stuck out like a sore thumb and, had I not spotted these, it would have been a disaster. As Scouser has said, any inconsistencies, even if they are not spotted right away, will come back to bite you later.

For what it's worth, by the way, don't use an agency as it's really not necessary. If you meet the criteria and put the paperwork together in a neat, consistent way you should not have any problems.

Good luck

DM

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

She's currently unemployed and we were considering getting a letter from her friend who owns a business to say she works there but after reading the posts I think its better not to now! Thinking about it, it is a little stupid becasue as you say, any inconsistancies would definately result in a refusal.

Thanks again everyone. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately Billfo our visa system is such that your gf's application can be refused with or without inconsistancies. If the visa officer decides that he/she fancies your g/f won't return to Thailand it can be refused.

Therefore you should be honest with all your answers , fill in the form correctly , supply all the documentation asked for , explain your relationship, ... and then hope

• 3 weeks later...