Thai Inventions.

zappa

I thought this about two years ago and searched the web i did come up with one, can't remember 100% but it was something to do with a small machine for doing something with rice, what a suprise that was!

Put this into google search>>>>>> english inventions and discoveries, Dutch inventions and discoveries, any other country inventions and discoveries >>>

Then try Thai inventions and discoveries.

Question answered :whistling:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that most of you guys are just taking the pi*s.

But Thailand/Thais have never come up with an invention of any merit (and if your talking of Tom Yum yer just talking sh*t)

There is/has never been a Thai who could even comprehend the thinking of people like Rutherford, Whittle, Stevenson, Bell, Erickson, Marconi, Michaelangelo, the list is endless.

With all due respect to the thinkers of the realm "they just don't / can't cut it with anyone of any note.

AND they never will until they teach people how to think of how to find the answers rather than show them the formula's and how to find the answers. (2+2 = 4 but why)

Ready to eat your hat? http://news.bbc.co.u...tech/768672.stm

Or...Umm....This (??).

45042422266168025537113.jpg

For anyone who doesnt read Thai, pictured is a scaled up model of the circuit board found inside the latest ThaIphone. An Iphone clone from Nakhon Sawan that runs on two motorbike batteries which can be discreetly hidden in the owners trouser pockets or simply carried in a handbag.

carrying the busfare in the earhole ??

never seen it done anywhere else

I have seen this in Singas, but I think it is for luck rather than covenience. The coin eventually sends the ear black :o

Also very common in Indonesia.

• 9 months later...

it doesn't matter who invented what, what really matter is that we all can benefit from it, i lov this country and its people and i do not really care if they have made any discovery or not, i m very happy with my Thai family and for me that is the most important :)

Yes,,12,000 years ago they figured out how to pick up 1 grain of rice with 2 small sticks..

6,000 years ago that figured how to pick up 2 buckets of shit with 1 stick. and there it just stalled out. :o

They had a thriving civilization while the poms were living in barbaric squalor and yet to discover hygiene :jap:

Only the Poms? The rest of Europe of those times meet with your levels of satisfaction then? You might consider what over the past 6 millenniums those savages they have achieved. Perhaps the people of these parts sat down quite some time ago, plump full of self satisfaction and have done nothing of note since. Even the bordering countries that so many Thais have been taught to despise grow rice more efficiently.

Thais did of course invent THE HUB. None of their models worked though.

it doesn't matter who invented what, what really matter is that we all can benefit from it, i lov this country and its people and i do not really care if they have made any discovery or not, i m very happy with my Thai family and for me that is the most important :)

I am totally with you in spirit but I do wish that the Thai peoples would discover a way to live harmoniously together and to share the nation's bounty more evenly.

npjski #76:

Some would argue (and have) that "sufficiency economic theory" came largely from a certain western book.

Anyway, living a moderate, self-dependent life without greed or overexploitation of, for example, natural resources would be very nice indeed if it ever happened -- or even were possible.

EDIT:

Don't believe in deleting what one has already posted but I regret joining this thread as well as my post.

Edited by SteeleJoe

I'll give the Thais credit for the 'bum washer'....but that waa probably invented by another asian country.....but, gotta give the Thais credit for 'improving' a lot of things that we enjoy besides Bum washers, like soapies and thai massage etc.....

I'm going bust all your bubbles. I was very surprise in what I found. The Thais have hundreds if not thousands of Inventions and Patents!

Table 1 Patent Application and Registration in Thailand (1979-1990)

No. of Patents Percent

A) Patent Applications and Approvals

Applications 11,311 86

Approvals 1,827 14

Total 13,138 100

B) Types of Patent

Inventions 523 29

Industrial Designs 1,304 71

Total 1,827 100

Source: Patent and Trademark Office. Thai Patent Office

Rather impressive for a third world country!

Plus if you do a "simple search" on "rice", they have inventions and patents on all types of rice production and processing. And if you "simple search" on electronics you even get more. you need to check "DIP" which is the Thai Patent Office code.

http://patentsearch.moc.go.th/DIPSearch/PatentSearch/SearchSimple.a

spx

How about the "walking ATM'? Has anyone claimed that invention yet? :o

Yes about 100 million Filipinos invented that one. Side note on this...when the first non walking Atm opened in Olongapo it was installed inside the bank and only open during bankers hours. I tried to explain to the bank manager about the convenience factor after hours,etc., but it remained not available for general usage for a few years after that. It was soon after that the walking ATM tee shirts hit the market

I do not see how most of these "anti Thai" posters choose to remain in the country, that they say is so unfair, Talk with your feet, no one is paying you to stay here.

Ah, yes. The great Farang paradox. Can't stand the place, but insist on residing here. A sociopathic disease, perhaps?

Hardly as it is a well known fact that many asian cultures lack creative thought patterns.

Case in point, the Chinese are very adept at copying someone else's design, but hopeless when faced with creating something completely new. That is why the transfer of intellectual material is required for most companies who want to setup shop in China.

So, what else have the Thais invented on their own without outside influence, other than perhaps the bum gun? Name a few since you've gone thaiophile.

Well for a civilization as old as Thailand (and others) is, then why have they not advanced as quickly as Western ones? They have had a few thousand extra years to develop so they should be at the pinnacle of civilization. How can this be explained?

Alright coffee dude, let me apply some of your logic. Have the English, French, German, Greeks, Italians, Scandanavians, Egyptians, South Americans, etc., ever sent a man to the moon? Well why not? Americans have and America is only a couple of centuries old. Many would say that space exploration demonstrates the ultimate in scientific advancement and ingenuity. These other countries (in your words) "have had a few thousand extra years to develop so they should be at the pinnacle of civilization. How can this be explained?" Cmon, way2muchcoffee, have some gonads and answer my question.

Oh dear. US rocket science took off because they smuggled a war criminal they had got hold of out of Europe, with all his files and papers, and into the morally upright US and put him to work. They didn't consult with their allies and probably didn't gave a pigs butt if they had done so. Many in Europe would have liked to have seen WvB get his just deserts by swinging from a rope, but then there were not many Americans pressed into slave labour or on the receiving end of his rockets, was there? America has prospered because of an abundance of natural resources exploited by big business to the detriment of many of its citizens. How developed is Detroit these days? Having lots of money means that you can buy in talent and brain power from other countries. It is not only an enhanced lifestyle that is so attractive to many but the access to appropriate research facilities with which to push out the boundaries of science. Progress takes a lot of money - which the US doesn't have a lot of anymore as we are now learning. Russia, with all its resources, nearly bankrupted itself thanks to the arms and space race. If asked to describe the image that the US projects not many would be using the word 'humble' and this is reflected in your post.

Much NASA research is carried out at Huntsville, AL where the size of the immigrant population is such that the Deputy Mayor told me that it seemed to him that in getting to the Moon, the US had only provided the money. It was European brain power that got us there he added. It seems reasonable that this state of affairs is mirrored at other locations. The Russians were pretty active in space I seem to remember and I'm sure that a few backsides were kicked and names taken to ensure that the US caught up a.s.a.p.

BTW, do adjust your thinking. Like many, you seem to be totally unaware that the UK comprises 4 separate countries, not just England. If the nation had the resources to go to the Moon I'm sure that the Jocks, Micks and Taffies would all have played their part. Unfortunately the UK cannot singly afford grandiose adventures after paying a heavy price in ensuring that the Nazis would not rule Europe, but in collaboration with other European nations we have not been discredited. We Europeans have our own space rocket, we built and operated the first supersonic airliner and the advances in pharmaceuticals are not too shabby.

I realise that most of you guys are just taking the pi*s.

But Thailand/Thais have never come up with an invention of any merit (and if your talking of Tom Yum yer just talking sh*t)

There is/has never been a Thai who could even comprehend the thinking of people like Rutherford, Whittle, Stevenson, Bell, Erickson, Marconi, Michaelangelo, the list is endless.

With all due respect to the thinkers of the realm "they just don't / can't cut it with anyone of any note.

AND they never will until they teach people how to think of how to find the answers rather than show them the formula's and how to find the answers. (2+2 = 4 but why)

Ready to eat your hat? http://news.bbc.co.u...tech/768672.stm

Based on that link it seems that we've been depriving ourselves of renewable oil sources for centuries now by burying our deceased in coffins, interning or cremating them and that seems to be a serious waste of resources and space. Maybe it's past time to really commit our bodies back to the environment and begin burying without coffins or crypts, ashes to ashes, dust to dust and all that..

It also stands to reason that it would be far more beneficial to do that then just recycling human excrement and better contributor to the environment over all.. Anyone remember the movie Soylent Green? It's a much better prospect then the basis for that movie..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well for a civilization as old as Thailand (and others) is, then why have they not advanced as quickly as Western ones? They have had a few thousand extra years to develop so they should be at the pinnacle of civilization. How can this be explained?

Alright coffee dude, let me apply some of your logic. Have the English, French, German, Greeks, Italians, Scandanavians, Egyptians, South Americans, etc., ever sent a man to the moon? Well why not? Americans have and America is only a couple of centuries old. Many would say that space exploration demonstrates the ultimate in scientific advancement and ingenuity. These other countries (in your words) "have had a few thousand extra years to develop so they should be at the pinnacle of civilization. How can this be explained?" Cmon, way2muchcoffee, have some gonads and answer my question.

Oh dear. US rocket science took off because they smuggled a war criminal they had got hold of out of Europe, with all his files and papers, and into the morally upright US and put him to work. They didn't consult with their allies and probably didn't gave a pigs butt if they had done so. Many in Europe would have liked to have seen WvB get his just deserts by swinging from a rope, but then there were not many Americans pressed into slave labour or on the receiving end of his rockets, was there? America has prospered because of an abundance of natural resources exploited by big business to the detriment of many of its citizens. How developed is Detroit these days? Having lots of money means that you can buy in talent and brain power from other countries. It is not only an enhanced lifestyle that is so attractive to many but the access to appropriate research facilities with which to push out the boundaries of science. Progress takes a lot of money - which the US doesn't have a lot of anymore as we are now learning. Russia, with all its resources, nearly bankrupted itself thanks to the arms and space race. If asked to describe the image that the US projects not many would be using the word 'humble' and this is reflected in your post.

Much NASA research is carried out at Huntsville, AL where the size of the immigrant population is such that the Deputy Mayor told me that it seemed to him that in getting to the Moon, the US had only provided the money. It was European brain power that got us there he added. It seems reasonable that this state of affairs is mirrored at other locations. The Russians were pretty active in space I seem to remember and I'm sure that a few backsides were kicked and names taken to ensure that the US caught up a.s.a.p.

BTW, do adjust your thinking. Like many, you seem to be totally unaware that the UK comprises 4 separate countries, not just England. If the nation had the resources to go to the Moon I'm sure that the Jocks, Micks and Taffies would all have played their part. Unfortunately the UK cannot singly afford grandiose adventures after paying a heavy price in ensuring that the Nazis would not rule Europe, but in collaboration with other European nations we have not been discredited. We Europeans have our own space rocket, we built and operated the first supersonic airliner and the advances in pharmaceuticals are not too shabby.

OH <deleted> here we go again :rolleyes: ... The world according to insecure, "British historians" with a warped perspective ........................... :rolleyes:

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well my link was broken. Try this one: http://patentsearch.moc.go.th/DIPSearch/

Thai Ophthalmologist developed a safer way to remove :Cataracts"

Several Hard Drive inventions were found.

Thais have invented better "Rice Production methods, an electric Rice Cooker, machines for rice separation.

And these are only a few looking through only two general subjects. So I'd say they invented several things. Plus they also designed and built in the 1930's their very own fighter biplane which is on display at the Air Force Museum.

Just keep ragging on them...you're living up to your famous reputation here on TV.

I do not see how most of these "anti Thai" posters choose to remain in the country, that they say is so unfair, Talk with your feet, no one is paying you to stay here.

Ah, yes. The great Farang paradox. Can't stand the place, but insist on residing here. A sociopathic disease, perhaps?

Hardly as it is a well known fact that many asian cultures lack creative thought patterns.

Case in point, the Chinese are very adept at copying someone else's design, but hopeless when faced with creating something completely new. That is why the transfer of intellectual material is required for most companies who want to setup shop in China.

So, what else have the Thais invented on their own without outside influence, other than perhaps the bum gun? Name a few since you've gone thaiophile.

Respectfully, this is how much of the Japanese started out too, look where they are now?? Of course they also had their own designs of airplanes and a lot of other military equipment prior to WWII their tech really took off post war.. The Chinese are very intuitive and will soon be just as prolific in inventions as the west, by the way don't forget they led the world in ocean travel at one time with some of the largest ships in the world in their time until they pulled back to their own borders..

I also read this claim in many places, so there must be some truth to it.

But I don't think Thais are any worse than any other country in this area - Laos, Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, etc.

It's just a culture that emphasizes social hierarchy and "fitting in", two things that do not promote invention and creativity.

In the past 400-500 years, almost any new invention or technology came from either Europe or the US.

best thing I note in Thailand ..don't know if "invented" here ....sunken bathroom floors with drains for a a 'wet" bathroom....sooo easy to clean assuming your tiler knows how to put a bit of slope in the right direction...sadly had to redo both my bathroom floors however...lol

OH <deleted> here we go again :rolleyes: ... The world according to insecure, "British historians" with a warped perspective ........................... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia....rnher_von_Braun

The Europeans invent it, the Americans build it.

No need to be so defensive

Edited by Moonrakers

http://en.wikipedia....rnher_von_Braun

The Europeans invent it, the Americans build it.

No need to be so defensive

I agree..............There is no need for Brits and Euros to be so defensive.. And insecure :lol: ....

Edited by WarpSpeed