Thai Inventions.

zappa

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as I thought

So, when did the former USSR become European?

Yes, the race to space was between the Ruskies and the Septics, both using hijacked German scientists.

Not sure why the pommies have any axe to grind as you are too busy slagging off the jocks, micks and taffys. :)

Just as I thought

So, when did the former USSR become European?

Yes, the race to space was between the Ruskies and the Septics, both using hijacked German scientists.

Not sure why the pommies have any axe to grind as you are too busy slagging off the jocks, micks and taffys. :)

Of course, the Ruskies should take credit as well as well as some other nations.

Slagging of our neighbours becomes tiresome after a while, it's all a bit too easy ;)

^^ Sorry it is a Thai concoction and the Scandi just partnered with, funded and promoted the drink and it's Thai owner who is now the richest Thai in Thailand.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention Red Bull though can't really consider it an "invention" though..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention Red Bull though can't really consider it an "invention" though..

Uhmm,it didn't take that long for someone to mention Red Bull,but it took someone 7 years to reply to it.:)

Uhmm,it didn't take that long for someone to mention Red Bull,but it took someone 7 years to reply to it.:)

I can be excused, I wasn't a member then :D ...

<br />Glass roof??<br />A customer took me to this place in Asoke which had a glass roof and it looked like girls were dancing on it. I never seen that anywhere before.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thats the glass ceiling that many woman cite. :D

Ahhhh...I know my Mother has invented Guilt and my cousin invented the Emotional Train wreck. Other than that, hmm let me think.... nope.

Edited by blunotes

Or...Umm....This (??).

45042422266168025537113.jpg

For anyone who doesnt read Thai, pictured is a scaled up model of the circuit board found inside the latest ThaIphone. An Iphone clone from Nakhon Sawan that runs on two motorbike batteries which can be discreetly hidden in the owners trouser pockets or simply carried in a handbag.

I live in Nakhon Sawan, where can I get one for th G?F Big C perhaps?

Did Thais invent BIG C?

Fail to see the humour. We are here some of us are happy, nevertheless there are those among you who utterly fail to see or in any wisdom fail to comprehend that Thailand Invented and has what you so much desire.

Fail to see the humour. We are here some of us are happy, nevertheless there are those among you who utterly fail to see or in any wisdom fail to comprehend that Thailand Invented and has what you so much desire.

Bit uptight for somebody that claims to be so happy aren't we?

This is a very interesting topic. I was told and I know you should not believe all you are told but Thais are taught at school they are a superior race ( of individuals ) thats one reason they call all others that are not Thai Farangs, all the rest of us a re different! One severall occassions when this has developed in a coversation it inevitably turns to "well if Thais are so clever what have the invented or given to the World?" This certainly is a bit of a stumper. I coming from the UK can say that Europe is not rich in natural resources but have managed to come up with a lot of rather usual bits and bobs throughout history and without what the UK has given where would be now ( still in financial trouble probably ) but, radio, television, telephones, computers, internet, jet engines, power stations, railways, radar to name but a few and we are only about 1/6th the size of Thailand.

Now its at this point where some smarty pants will tell me "if you dont like it you can always leave." Which totally misses the point, The Uk spent all its wealth and gave up its Empire to give us a free world and sad to say the old UK aint what it used to be, which is why I moved over here, sure it not all the way I would like but we cant cherry pick can we, the UK is not the country I grew up in, its changed out of all proportion and positively discriminates against its indegineous population, let me give you one example. I am near to pension age, they (UK govt) will freeze my increases, how very fair and British of them. Now consider this a UK pensioner gets £6000 a year pension. An asylum seeker with family gets free accomodation and £30000 and there is nothing I can do about it, so lets try and get some recognition that the Thais could learn something from the rest of the world. In the meantime I am on the whole pretty happy with life here but there will always be things that get up our noses wont there?

Edited by nong38

What about Tom Yam Kung? Pad Thai?

It's nothing like Einsteins relativity theory but it sure tastes good.... :o

As far as I'm aware Tom Yam origanates from Cambodia and was introduced to LoS after the fall of Anghor. Fried rice dunno but I imagine any country with rice as a staple can put in a claim for that one, and yes Tom Yam is delish. Pat Thai, well if you like a plate of greasy mush then I'm sure it's the dish for you.

If youve ever had cambodian food, you'd know that there is no way cambodians could have invented Tom Yum. Cambodian food is very bland.

This is a very interesting topic. I was told and I know you should not believe all you are told but Thais are taught at school they are a superior race ( of individuals ) thats one reason they call all others that are not Thai Farangs, all the rest of us a re different! One severall occassions when this has developed in a coversation it inevitably turns to "well if Thais are so clever what have the invented or given to the World?" This certainly is a bit of a stumper.

I also wonder why they think they country so great.

Many naughty young lady for very good price is only answer I have, but Thai person never boast that.

Edited by OlafStapleton

(A G Bell has been accused of this with the telephone

This a very common misconception about him inventing the telephone.

He actually invented two, when you think about it there is not much point in inventing one is there?

Who would you speak to?

Nikkola Tesla, invented the phone, Marconi asked for his permission to experiment with it, then claimed to have invented it. An international court later ruled that the phone was invented by Tesla.

The current King patented a specific technique to perform cloud seeding. - To make rain, and is used around the world.

Edited by KRS1

Coca-cola from plastic bag

you can say that again, LOL

Using FACE so no one will challenge your immoral conduct !

It's almost exactly the opposite of the true meaning of FACE that the Japanese pioneered.

He actually invented two, when you think about it there is not much point in inventing one is there?

Who would you speak to?

Nikkola Tesla, invented the phone, Marconi asked for his permission to experiment with it, then claimed to have invented it. An international court later ruled that the phone was invented by Tesla.

The current King patented a specific technique to perform cloud seeding. - To make rain, and is used around the world.

Which witohout the aeroplane would be useless

Edited by travelmann

Who would you speak to?

There was actually a handful of people who invented the telephone at about the same time.

The difference is, Bell was the first to patent it.

Who would you speak to?

Which witohout the aeroplane would be useless

I suppose one could use one of those montgolfier-apparati. "Baloons" we call them nowadays, though I find that offensive when meant personally

SC