How To Cure Baldness In Los?

garro

I have been losing a bit of hair since I turned thirty and now that I am 37 it is more ermmm noticeable.

I normally don't even think about it but today I am in a reflective mood.

Does anybody know of any drugs available here in Thailand that help with re-growth.

There is no way I would consider a hair transplant or a wig :o

Do I need to get used to the idea of being a 'spam-head' for the rest of my life or is there a cure?

garro,

from your posts you strike me as a level headed sensible person, like you i am a bit of a slap head.

i do not consider myself a vain person so i dont worry about it, i have just accepted thats the way it is and get on with it.

personally i think there is nothing that looks more ridiculous than the fellow slap heads who are in denial mode, you know the ones i mean, they try and make three strands of hair look like a shredded wheat, or adopt the bobby charlton look, who are these people trying to kid, us or themselves?

i am sure there will be some silver tounged merchant on line somewhere just waiting to sell you some snake oil.

i dont know if there are cures or not, not interested, as far as i am concerned the money can be spent on more sensible matters such as my next 3 month holiday to australia.

get you hair cut short and keep it short, in this humidity over here who wants long hair anyway.

best of luck, dont think too much.

I have been losing a bit of hair since I turned thirty and now that I am 37 it is more ermmm noticeable.

Does anybody know of any drugs available here in Thailand that help with re-growth.

There is no way I would consider a hair transplant or a wig :o

Do I need to get used to the idea of being a 'spam-head' for the rest of my life or is there a cure?

Get used to it :D

BTW, there is a Syrup shop on Sukhumvit 71 if you really are desperate. A mate of mine went there and got a syrup. He reckons he looks good. Funny, that most people now say are you with the guy with the rug. :D

There are plenty of other things people suggest for regrowth to rub in your head, and I'm sure some of the balder members will be along with some advice shortly.

garro,

from your posts you strike me as a level headed sensible person, like you i am a bit of a slap head.

i do not consider myself a vain person so i dont worry about it, i have just accepted thats the way it is and get on with it.

personally i think there is nothing that looks more ridiculous than the fellow slap heads who are in denial mode, you know the ones i mean, they try and make three strands of hair look like a shredded wheat, or adopt the bobby charlton look, who are these people trying to kid, us or themselves?

i am sure there will be some silver tounged merchant on line somewhere just waiting to sell you some snake oil.

i dont know if there are cures or not, not interested, as far as i am concerned the money can be spent on more sensible matters such as my next 3 month holiday to australia.

get you hair cut short and keep it short, in this humidity over here who wants long hair anyway.

best of luck, dont think too much.

Yes rgs, the lack of hair is making me feel more level headed each day :o

A friend of mine in his early 40's has had a small bald spot on the back of his head for about 10 years and the other day when i was sitting behind him on the plane I noticed hes had hair implants stitched into the back of his head. I didnt mention anything as i know how much his bald spot bugs him, i just chuckled to myself but I have to be honest it looked terrible. Maybe its not the finished article yet but it looked so bad, just random sprouts of 4 to 6 hairs all coming from the same place. Dont do it!

A friend of mine in his early 40's has had a small bald spot on the back of his head for about 10 years and the other day when i was sitting behind him on the plane I noticed hes had hair implants stitched into the back of his head. I didnt mention anything as i know how much his bald spot bugs him, i just chuckled to myself but I have to be honest it looked terrible. Maybe its not the finished article yet but it looked so bad, just random sprouts of 4 to 6 hairs all coming from the same place. Dont do it!

This type of 'cabbage patch' pattern method of hair transplanting is old technology. These days modern techniques can separate out hair follicles and transplant them one-by-one. This is of course a labour-intensive procedure but typically over 2000 hairs can be implanted in one session. I am not familiar with the procedures offered in Bangkok, but I can personally vouch for the dedicated hair transplant clinic in Mauritius. If you've got the money it's worth considering. See link:

http://www.hairgraftingclinic.com

Propecia.

It's a prescription drug and expensive - tablets for 6 months are 12,000B. Same price as in Oz.

In Oz, health insurance gives back 60% (or 70%, can't remember).

I have been using it for 6 years now. Pictures taken along the way show that hair loss had been stopped after about 6 months of taking it and now even show some modest regrowth but nothing worth talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Edited by think_too_mut

My advise, buy some sun cream, the top of your head is very sensitive.

Nonsense. Top of the head is least sensitive as it's always exposed. You just wanted to make fun without having anything useful to say.

Sorry, I don't follow?

garro,

Have to agree with this quote. I refer to a man with this type of hair arrangement, as a "drapehead". I think the idea is to gel the three draped strands left down onto the bald bit on top, thus disguising the bald dome (in his eyes).

Bald men always look better than drapeheads.

I had a hairdresser mate back in Oz that said there was only ONE that he knew off that 100% worked at stopping falling hair..................................................the floor. :o:D BTW I'm in the same boat as the OP but couldn't be bothered worry about it:P

Go to Nana, you'll instantly be handsome and have a full head of hair. :D

You could always take to wearing one of those balaclavas they wear whilst harvesting the rice.

Get the right colour and it could look quite fetching :o

TBWG :D

The silly thing about the wigs that most 50+ year olds by is that they always select a model that looks like it has come from an 18 year old, so they end up looking like a skit from the Benny Hill show. The more sensible baldies opt for a greying, receding wig that is more dignified. Not may though.

I have been VERY thin for years and I just don't care. I get my hair cut very short (#2) and it's comfortable that way. HOWEVER, I think my wife does care. She buys me expensive shampoo called Bergamot that she insists that I use every day. Since it smells pretty good and seems to be good shampoo, I do use it. She is convinced that my hair is getting thicker. I can't see the top of my head anyways so I don't know.

Bergamot Shampoo is supposed to be herbal but I bet it contains all the usual chemicals. :o

If you Google for homemade shampoo's and conditioners, you'd be surprised at just how easy it is to make your own. A lot cheaper too with no chemicals.

Before she started buying that shampoo, I used regular bar soap. I thought that was just fine. :D

Well my wife gave birth to our first child yesterday and already he has more hair than me :o

He will be very happy to hear that the gene for baldness comes from the mother's side.

I have the same problem.There are shampoo`s you can buy that will slow the rate of your hair falling out also my wife told me pumpkin seeds something about them containing zinc.

Don`t know I just figure that the sooner I am bald the sooner I will save money on haircuts. :o

There is no way I would consider a hair transplant or a wig :o .

take two Bgs twice a day and rub in vigorously it doesnt cure the baldness but improves your mental outlook. Failing that look under the Chiahuahua thread and give the poor deluded beast a home up top. from its lookout it will be calmer and more tranquil and under that hirsute little chap you will have regained your pulling power

A friend of mine starting losing hair in his early twenties, which was a bit of a concern based on his profession as a model/actor.

He was all ready to get hair implants and so on. Talked him out of that, but in the end he has been robbed of his 'follicles' anyway. Now he has the shaved head, and looks fine.

Propecia is a brand name of finesirade or whatever someone said earlier; it DOES work, and in Thailand you can buy both drugs over the counter; instead of buying propecia which is about 2k a box for a month; you can buy the prostate medicine fineride (the active ingrdient) at many places like Boots etc - it was by accident they discovered the benefits of reduced hairloss, and even hair growing back, in addressing swollen prostate. The prostate stuff is 5X more powerful, so you need to cut the tablets into pieces, unless you want to see monster side effects.

The side effects, according to my mate, was reduced power of erection; reduced sex drive and he never saw hair growth; however apparently THIS is the best option.

Rogaine; he tried that as well; supposedly has a lesser ability to maintain hair, but works for some.

Virtually anything else is either a scam, a sham or a herbal equivalent of the above.

The cheaper hair tonics, he claimed, were the one thing that actually sort of worked, but I cannot for the life of me remember what brand name it was.

Hair implants are high tech, but still easy enough to see unless done really well. They have the added problem of being permanent; so when you get to 60, your hair line may receded more, leaving a gap between the hole filled in, and the real hair line. How many 60 year olds have a hairline like a 20 year old? Virtually none. And without more hairs to fill in the gaps, you end up looking like Mel Gibson, John Travolta or Nicholas Cage - a bit of a bell end.

Shaved head; try it, some guys look really good like that.