Tourist Visa Double Entries X 2

I need some informations about the maximum stay in Thailand as a tourist!

I wanna use a tourist visa with double entries and apply for an extension of 30 days for each entry but I wanna stay longer in Thailand.

The first tourist visa will be obtained in my home country!

When this visa will be expired or few days before, will it be possible to apply for a second tourist visa in a country abroad Thailand like Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia?

Is there a maximum of days that we can stay in Thailand per year?

Gazoo

You can apply for and often get a 3x entry (so 3x 90 days once you extend each 60)... I hear that a 4x is possible but I have never met anyone that got one and dont know which embassies may issue them.

How old are you ?? is retirement a possibility (50+) ???

How rich are you ?? is special investment an option (3 mil) ??

Marriage changes things and makes it easier in visa terms.. It may make it much harder in fiscal terms though :o

Of course you can always run to the border every 30 days.. real ballache and you dont have many rights that the non-imm people have..

You could set up a biz and comply with lots of red tape and taxes.. Its doable..

There are lots of long stay options.. In short they all cost you money or time or both.. Dont worry too much, as long as the money lasts you will be welcomed.

Dr PP, How does that work with a quad 4x entry ??? Surely they get 8 or 9 months ??

Also having 6 months until expriy can still give 9 months saty... you just have to do your last visa run on the day before it expries..

Dr PP, How does that work with a quad 4x entry ??? Surely they get 8 or 9 months ??

Also having 6 months until expriy can still give 9 months saty... you just have to do your last visa run on the day before it expries..

With a quadruple entry you get 4 entries within 12 months from the date of issue.

totster

Dr P.......just checked the Hull website , they state that a single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 months, a double 6 months, triple 9 months and quadruple 12 months......which is what i thought was always the case, isnt it?

It is not right. Try having a look at the Thai Embassy in London ( under whom the Hull Consulate comes )

With a quadruple entry you get 4 entries within 12 months from the date of issue.

totster

Show me that from an official source in writing from anywhere except Hull. Hull is in the poop with the Thai Embassy in the UK because it made its own rules. Email London for genuine clarification.

Dr P.......just checked the Hull website , they state that a single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 months, a double 6 months, triple 9 months and quadruple 12 months......which is what i thought was always the case, isnt it?

A single entry tourist is valid for 3 months I believe and I know for certain that a triple entry tourist is valid for only 6 months

How rich are you ?? is special investment an option (3 mil) ??

Can you tell me something more about this option? Does investing more than 3 million (in one's own business) allow for a yearly Non Imm B?

Dutchy

Special one year visa for applicants who invest 3 Milion Baht

On 30 September 1998, the Office of Immigration Bureau issued its announcement to facilitate foreigners who bring in foreign currencies amounting to 3 million Baht to stay in the Kingdon of Thailand for the period of one year at the time. This announcement is aimed at promoting the government's policy to attract foreign investors to enter the Kingdom.

How to qualify for this type of visa?

1. The applicant must have evidence showing that 3 million Baht has been transferred in his/her name to any bank inThialand.

2. The transfer of money in (1) must have the following objectives:

# fixed deposit in any government bank

# purchase of government bonds or state enterprise bonds

# purchase of a condominium from the owner of a condominium project which is registered with the Land Department.

# other investments which the Office of Immigration Bureau considers beneficial to the country. Applicants who are advised to invest in one of the said investment can also invest their capital in one or other objectives but the total amount of investment should not be less than 3 million Baht.

3. Prior to entering the country, applicants must have an appropriate kind of visa from a Thai Consulate abroad (non-immigrant visa).

4. Office of Immigration Bureau reserves the right to terminate the duration to stay in the Kingdom of the foreign investors in the program if they fail to inform the Office of Immigration Bureau in advance of the change of their investment activities.

Source: Royal Thai Consulate General Shanghai

Money in bank or money in condo or combination thereof..

As to the multiples.. a 3x multiple is for 6 months but by careful timing you can get 9 months from it (leave on the last day of your 6 months).. I think the plan would fail on the last one of a 4x entry as it would seem logical that 4x 60 days only comes to 8 months so even renewing on the last day you would get 8 + 3 or only 11 months instead of the full 12..

Anyway very very few places seem willing to issue 4x entry visa's.

Quote from UK Thai Embassy site

UK Thai Embassy

VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is three months from the date of application.

VALIDITY OF A STAY

Upon arrival, visitors with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days at any time.

EXTENSION OF STAY FOR THE ALIENS WHO OBTAINED TRANSIT AND TOURIST VISA

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10 (or at http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten.htm ). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer

Apologies Dr PP seems like you were correct, but now there is something I don't understand...

If someone were to get the quadruple entry tourist visa and it is valid for 3 months from date of issue,then surely this visa will be out of date before the entries can be used up !! Confused :o

So all a triple or quad is good for then is if you plan on doing a bit of travelling in and out of Thailand during the the 3 month validity of the visa. Anyone had a triple issued from Hull? and what length of validity was on it? Second thoughts they are no use for anything as you may as well just go out and back in on 30 day on arrival basis!

http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/visa.htm (Royal Thai Embassy Washington) validity of visa.....can be extended up to a year on a case by case basis for 2+ entries , http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa.htm (Royal Thai Consulate Los Angeles) visa cannot be extended beyond 180 days! Seems to vary from office to office......makes you wonder if they all make their own rules up or interpret them as they see fit!