Chickens And Ducks

adjan jb

God this topic is near and dear to my heart, my neighbor is my GF's brother and his wife, Man their chickens roam everywhere and crap on everything. We have our garden protected by shade cloth and it does the trick. However, the GF as well as me are sick and tired of the chickens and the attitude of the brother's wife of oh well tuff shit this is the way it is, she had the nerve to setup a little nesting area for a hen sitting on her egss near our back door. They finally hatched, we moved everything to her house, I told her if her chickens keep wandering to our area I will be eating them (of course said with a smile), our only saving grace is that they are building a new house down the road and will be gone soon. What's interesting is it just isn't the falang that doesn't like this, but it also pisses off other Thais in the area as well. It's like living any other place in the world, there are always those redneck neighbors who really don't care about others. Once I make a permanent move to Thailand I'm building a fence.

God this topic is near and dear to my heart, my neighbor is my GF's brother and his wife, Man their chickens roam everywhere and crap on everything. We have our garden protected by shade cloth and it does the trick. However, the GF as well as me are sick and tired of the chickens and the attitude of the brother's wife of oh well tuff shit this is the way it is, she had the nerve to setup a little nesting area for a hen sitting on her egss near our back door. They finally hatched, we moved everything to her house, I told her if her chickens keep wandering to our area I will be eating them (of course said with a smile), our only saving grace is that they are building a new house down the road and will be gone soon. What's interesting is it just isn't the falang that doesn't like this, but it also pisses off other Thais in the area as well. It's like living any other place in the world, there are always those redneck neighbors who really don't care about others. Once I make a permanent move to Thailand I'm building a fence.

I have found that the Thais in the villages are about as cosiderate of their neighbours as as a lion with a gazelle,we recently added a new bedroom ,loungeroom and patio and erected a 6 foot concrete fence down that boundary as the wall is only 3 feet away. My neighbours then proceeded to erect two rice houses and duck runs right up against their side of the fence, I now have about 100 quacking ducks 3 feet from my bedroom window and the smell from a waterlogged duck run is pretty vile.

Now just to put the icing on the cake my other next door neighbour has opened a video game parlour in her lounge ,so 12 video machines on full volume till 10 pm every night and dozens of yelling kids,boy Cambodia is looking closer all the time .

I have some inconsiderate a$$hole next door who makes charcoal. He always until the breeze is in my direction so he doesn't have to put up with the stinking smoke blowing toward his house. The village chief says that no one is allowed to make charcoal within the village. YEAH, RIGHT! The toothless chief has talked to the guy but it didn't stop him. You just have to learn to live with it or move.

Hi

I have a problem with my neighbours' chickens and ducks. They come everyday in my garden and destroy lawn, flowers and plants. I've already asked my neighbours to keep their animals in an enclosure. Not to avail.

Recently, the problem has grown out of proportion. Yesterday for example, they have completely destroyed about 10 m2.

No need to say that they come when my GF and I are not at home.

A wall is out of the question : I prefer a hedge. I'm also not rich enough to build anything (my garden is quite big). A slingshot is useless. I don't like guns.

So that leaves poison.

Does anybody know an efficient (and painless ?) lethal poison ?

Thanks

JB

You don't say what you currently have between you and your neighbour's plot. Is it a hedge or plant border? The immediate solution, to me, would be to put up a low wire screen fence using stell mesh that can be bought in rolls and easily cut with a pair of snips. You could use bamboo or wooden stakes hammered vertically into the ground to support the mesh. Then plant a privet hedge. Yes, both the chickens and ducks can fly over if really pushed but generally they are ground birds. It is the ducks that do damage to your grass and plants, not the hens however they all cr*p everywhere.

I have a problem with my neighbours' chickens and ducks. They come everyday in my garden and destroy lawn, flowers and plants.

I have this fence and it works surprisingly good against chickens and ducks. They never fly over it. I never have any chickens from outside in my garden.

It is only about 1.60 m high. Locks like the see through fence with the ornament on top makes them afraid to try to pass it.

post-17572-1187356432_thumb.jpg

Regards Thedi

If they are on your property, why don't you simply take them... as they are now YOUR property.

Why not then resell the chickens to whoever your neighbor was selling them to, at 1/2 price, forcing your neighbor to lower their prices too? Kind of like punishment for allowing their chickens to trespass on your property.

If that doesn't work, can you get some signs that say something like "This property has BIRD FLU, and these chickens carry the disease". Be creative.

Edited by Weho

Argggghh! Mr. Weho!....Have you ever been in a village in Issan? Ever been to Thailand infact?.....Do just what you suggest & our original poster will be cut off in his prime!

Never read such diatribe! Do not scold, have served my apprenticeship, 12 years permanent-in 2 months!

• 2 weeks later...
Before you go killing your neighbour's animals I would really consider the ramifications of such extreme action...Thai's are generally very non-confrontational but if you cross the line (killing!) you could find yourself on the wrong side of a very large, pis5ed off family and have a h3ll of a lot more to worry about than a few chickens. I really do understand your situation though..we have the neighbour's chickens, pigs and dog get into our garden. Even after building a "pig-proof" vegie patch the little babies still managed to get in and eat everything :o I've had to abandon my much loved vegie patch because there's just no way to keep them out and the neighbour won't pen them in at night..grr

I also have a pig and some dogs into my garden. The dogs are friendly and the pig comes only when depressed. They don't destroy anything (can you believe that ? the pig has never broken or eaten anything !)

But those ?>%';% chickens and ducks...

After more than 3 years I'm loosing control. I'm afraid the birds have met their homme fatal.

This may take a little time but do you like chicken and Duck stew. Fried Chicken , Duck A l'orange is very good. may take a little time but you could tell your neighbors they ran away to Bangkok . :D

• 2 weeks later...