Hotels Near Grace Dental Clinic

grumpy_old_retired

Can anyone recommend a clean, not too expensive hotel near Grace Dental clinic? I have searched the web and came across the Green Palace Hotel adjacent to Grace for 400-500 baht but I am not certain if this would be a good place to stay with a wife and child. There is also the Tarin Hotel - again no knowledge. Oh - and I will need parking for my car.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, one and all.

Al

(Edit: I am traveling from Chiang Rai and not to familiar with Chiang Mai)

Edited by grumpy_old_retired

Can anyone recommend a clean, not too expensive hotel near Grace Dental clinic? I have searched the web and came across the Green Palace Hotel adjacent to Grace for 400-500 baht but I am not certain if this would be a good place to stay with a wife and child. There is also the Tarin Hotel - again no knowledge. Oh - and I will need parking for my car.

Thanks, one and all.

Al

These are all within walking distance. http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/chiang_m...te=0-1000%20THB

Thanks, one and all.

Al

These are all within walking distance. http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/chiang_m...te=0-1000%20THB

This is very helpful. Thank you very much. The prices quoted are less than other web-sites are quoting. The problem I have, as pointed out in the OP is that I do not have any idea as to the cleanliness/noise/acceptability of children/etc. I also want to avoid driving in Chiang Mai as I would have no idea where I would be going :D Walking distance is not a concern as I am sure there is sufficient public transportation available.

Anyway, thank you again for your post. Very helpful. P.S. I did look at the Lotus (D

Edit: Spelling :o ) Pang site. What worries me is - that it appears to be INSIDE a shopping mall :D

Al

Edited by grumpy_old_retired

The Tarin is fairly close and they now have low season rates with breakfast. I booked a friend in there a couple of weeks ago. Newish hotel with full amenities and child frendly. The Amari Rincome's rooms are a little cramped and tired and twice the price of the Tarin. There is always the Chiangmai Grandview right opposite the Tarin which is excellent, but again more expensive.

There is nothing much wrong with the Green Palace. It is fully booked every night of the year though because it is such a good deal. Rooms on the 1st floor are non-smoking. There is one room on every floor (from memory I think the last digit in the room number is a 9) which is especially large. They call it a suite, which it isn't, but quite comfortable and costs about 100 baht more (around 550 baht).

There is some underground parking plus the forecourt but, because of the full occupancy, you don't want to leave it too late to get your car in there.

Breakfasts very forgettable but a lot of little food shops nearby.

there's some decent guesthouses on Nimmanhaemin Soi 1 and 5, can't recall the names though.

At-Niman: A Conceptual House just around the corner, but they'll set you back just as much as Grace.

And on a random bling-related note, does Grace do GRILLZ? Is that in the fashion among the Thai hip-hop crowd? :o

I wouldn't want to have to walk from Tarin, the hotel across the superhighway from it or Hillside Hotel.

More than a kilometer. More like two or three.

The Orchid and the Lotus are adjacent to the Huay Kaew Shopping center and most convenient for restaurants and shopping. They may be a half kilometer from Grace.

The Lotus has a huge atrium lobby that is as quiet as a tomb.

I don't think you need to worry about the adjacent shopping center as interfering with your accomodations.

They are the closet hotels is actual measurement, by my guess, although the Green Palace may be even closer. I don't know the name of a small but quite presentable hotel around the corner from Grace, but it may well be The Green Palace.

They are the closet hotels is actual measurement, by my guess, although the Green Palace may be even closer. I don't know the name of a small but quite presentable hotel around the corner from Grace, but it may well be The Green Palace.

Sounds like the Green Palace as it is probably less than 50 metres away. Nothing on there at night so good for a family. Need to book ahead.