December 27, 20241 yr I'm looking forward to visiting it one day, but I do find that - apart from Bangers & Chiang Mai - every town in Thailand large or small looks much the same as the next one. And the countryside also ... This is of course a superficial reaction based on my ignorance after 9 years of living permanently in Surin province.
December 27, 20241 yr I got quite confused about Korat, its other name is Nakhon Ratchasima. IIRC the second name was on all the road signs.
December 27, 20241 yr 20 minutes ago, mfd101 said: I'm looking forward to visiting it one day, but I do find that - apart from Bangers & Chiang Mai - every town in Thailand large or small looks much the same as the next one. And the countryside also ... This is of course a superficial reaction based on my ignorance after 9 years of living permanently in Surin province. Chiang Rai is definitely different to Chiang Mai. Cooler, and it does not have CM's traffic jams or derelict malls.
December 28, 20241 yr Author 14 hours ago, mfd101 said: I'm looking forward to visiting it one day, but I do find that - apart from Bangers & Chiang Mai - every town in Thailand large or small looks much the same as the next one. And the countryside also ... This is of course a superficial reaction based on my ignorance after 9 years of living permanently in Surin province. I first read that as Chiang Mai standing out due to it having a bangers and mash plash
December 28, 20241 yr Korat is a nice city with everything you need, and better than most other inland cities. Dependes what you looking for and your interests. Seems to be crowded of westerns at hotels and shopping malls. A few nice decent priced hotels, beautiful mountain ridge at Khao Yai, good hospital's, but the expat community seems dead with very few restaurants and bars. Found one decent swiss restaurant, Chez Andy https://maps.app.goo.gl/djf4zLQUYVYRiNDK6
Create an account or sign in to comment