Visa And Work Permit.

My Thai wife has been on to Immigration and the labour department this morning. She got mixed messages from both.

My work permit was cancelled last week I am due to do my 90 day reporting nex week.

Do the immigraion office and the labour department actually talk to one another.

That is - I think I was suppose to leave the country within 7 days of my WP being cancelled.

Also when I do my 90 day reporting(By Post) what do I have to send them and what is the name of the registered post I have to get at the post office.

If you had an extension of stay based on your workpermit (which I assume, based on you doing 90 day reporting), then yes, you have to leave Thailand within 7 days, or get yourself a new extension of stay.

In your case you should be able to get this extension based on the fact you are married.

I'm not sure on how much communication there is between immigration and Labour department, but I sure would not take the risk. Getting caught on overstay can land you in heaps of trouble.

For your 90 day reporting by post you need to fill out form TM 47 (download here) and mail it to immigration.

But as noted above, if your workpermit has been canceled over 7 days ago, you are illegally residing in Thailand anyway...