What Are The New Channels On Ubc?

Nikkijah

I recently reset the channels to their original settings and noticed a lot of new channels, there are the new 'explore' channels that show all the old nature programs and there is also the new sports channels that show all the crap nobody really wants to watch but there are other channels such as 'HBOS' 'HBOH' 'DisN' etc. I suppose this is some way for us to pay more money for more crap tv shows but why can't I find anything about it in either magazine or the true visions website(both inaccurate & crap too)?

Any insight would be appreciated

Nikkijah

I recently reset the channels to their original settings and noticed a lot of new channels, there are the new 'explore' channels that show all the old nature programs and there is also the new sports channels that show all the crap nobody really wants to watch but there are other channels such as 'HBOS' 'HBOH' 'DisN' etc. I suppose this is some way for us to pay more money for more crap tv shows but why can't I find anything about it in either magazine or the true visions website(both inaccurate & crap too)?

Any insight would be appreciated

Nikkijah

It is definitely on their website and probably in their magazine which is mostly in Thai language. Their website is difficult to navigate, but the info is there. What you will be looking for is their A La Carte packages. Their website gives the prices (depends on the package you already have) and lists the shows carried on each channel for today and tomorrow. To get a better idea of what shows these packages are likely to have, google them to see what shows are carried on these channels in other countries in Asia.

Thanks for that Old Man, the site is terrible, I can't believe it is allowed online, it's a disgrace for such a large business, anyhow...

At the bottom of the page on the right hand side is a link which reads 'True Visions Cable Magic', once clicked on you are taken to a small menu on the left hand side where you can choose '3 Special Packages' which takes you to the page I must have been looking for :D here is the info and pricing for the extra channels: http://www.truevisionstv.com/eng/ubc_alacarte_package.aspx

Not a great selection but I have seen some programs there I'd like to watch, I think it's a bit of a piss-take that True is asking for more money considering what I'd get in the UK for the same money I pay here, I know, I hear you say 'YOU'RE NOT IN THE UK NOW' but it's still silly :o

This new 'on demand tv' or whatever they call it looks promising but I will wait and see, let someone else be True Visions guinea pig na :D

One more thing, I've got the big old DSTV decoder but my mate has just had UBC installed and he's got this very small and modern looking box which is very discreet compared to mine, is there any sneaky way of obtaining one of these boxes? :D

Edited by Nikkijah

Thanks for that Old Man, the site is terrible, I can't believe it is allowed online, it's a disgrace for such a large business, anyhow...

At the bottom of the page on the right hand side is a link which reads 'True Visions Cable Magic', once clicked on you are taken to a small menu on the left hand side where you can choose '3 Special Packages' which takes you to the page I must have been looking for :D here is the info and pricing for the extra channels: http://www.truevisionstv.com/eng/ubc_alacarte_package.aspx

Not a great selection but I have seen some programs there I'd like to watch, I think it's a bit of a piss-take that True is asking for more money considering what I'd get in the UK for the same money I pay here, I know, I hear you say 'YOU'RE NOT IN THE UK NOW' but it's still silly :o

This new 'on demand tv' or whatever they call it looks promising but I will wait and see, let someone else be True Visions guinea pig na :D

One more thing, I've got the big old DSTV decoder but my mate has just had UBC installed and he's got this very small and modern looking box which is very discreet compared to mine, is there any sneaky way of obtaining one of these boxes? :D

You may not want this box if it is the Topfield. When they first changed over to the new channels (several months ago) I had a problem getting these channels so they came out and installed the Topfield. It looked great and it came with a book of instructions in English. However, it ended up to be a complete piece of crap. I had to reboot and reboot several times a day. Then they came out and put in one of the larger boxes and it is multiples better than the smaller, modern looking Topfield box.

If it isn't the Topfield call and ask them what is the difference etc.

To Khun Nikkijah,

Just call to UBC and ask for new one.

I did before but gave them some little complained about bad signal when use their old box.

Good Luck

Nikkijah the new channels are very good, at least in my opinion. You get a lot more discovery channels new movie channels and some disney channels. If you sit in front of the TV 24/7 then you will soon get sick. If you are an occasional watcher then the exta couple of hundred baht is money well spent. Yes I know back in the UK you have all these free channels emperortud, but you are not in the UK so live with it or go back :o You have people who think UBC is OK and you have the rest who think its the pits. You choose, me I like it. I can always put it on and find something to watch so for me it does what its supposed to do. ENJOY

I think what youre after is a Dreambox linked up to your dsl modem from your local sat. guy :D

Nikkijah the new channels are very good, at least in my opinion. You get a lot more discovery channels new movie channels and some disney channels. If you sit in front of the TV 24/7 then you will soon get sick. If you are an occasional watcher then the exta couple of hundred baht is money well spent. Yes I know back in the UK you have all these free channels emperortud, but you are not in the UK so live with it or go back :o You have people who think UBC is OK and you have the rest who think its the pits. You choose, me I like it. I can always put it on and find something to watch so for me it does what its supposed to do. ENJOY

Do they come with Thai subtitles??