Anyone Else Souring On Scb?

years ago when this tiger of a bank started up it captured my heart. the bank grew exponantally, offered clever services but the best ... it devised a trading program and when their was a stock offer - it cleaned up on all the shares - you gotta love it. all the other dinosaur traders and bankers only whinged to the govt for a do-over.

as of late though i find many branches swamped, the staff semi hostile and if you pull out a few 1000 out of the atm and want small money - its always solee no small money... (no i dont want to repeatedly take out b900). i am also really pissed the charge at least ten and maybe 20b for card use IN THEIR BANK outside the province (an arbitrary line drawn by govt).

anyway - if you are a cust - what are your experiences?

They may have been around for 100 years but it's only 2-3 years ago they had a huge renaissance and purple SCB signs started to pop up everywhere. Back then they really gave Thai banking a huge kick in the nuts but I agree, as of lately they have started to fall back into standard Thai banking behavior - long queues and unsmiling staff.

years ago when this tiger of a bank started up it captured my heart. the bank grew exponantally, offered clever services but the best ... it devised a trading program and when their was a stock offer - it cleaned up on all the shares - you gotta love it. all the other dinosaur traders and bankers only whinged to the govt for a do-over.

as of late though i find many branches swamped, the staff semi hostile and if you pull out a few 1000 out of the atm and want small money - its always solee no small money... (no i dont want to repeatedly take out b900). i am also really pissed the charge at least ten and maybe 20b for card use IN THEIR BANK outside the province (an arbitrary line drawn by govt).

anyway - if you are a cust - what are your experiences?

Good smiling and semi efficient service out here at the Klong 10 branch, Thanyaburi.  I say "semi" as there's only one gal who really knows how to process a personal $$ check drawn on a U.S. bank for deposit to my local baht savings account.  If she's not there, the other staff gathers around and

has a go at the process.  Takes some time but at least there's smiles all around.

I don't think they have many expat clients.

Mac

basically everyones seems to concur. thanks.

just went to main branch for a box ... tem laew! fuuny ... no matter the size, all were full ( i question this and wondering if i have one of my thai lady friends go up and ask).

i didnt know the bank was that old. must be like phil said - just never noticed, then again the big banks had things pretty tied up until about 7 yrs ago.

siam commerical (fyi)

Here in Hua Hin they've opened many new branches and are still the number one bank!

disclaimer: My wife was working at SCB when I met her!

Those purple uniforms make me as horny as hel_l,could have a face like the back of a bus, but with those uniforms........ :o