Thai Bread

Davidcharles

but the best easily found bread available inThailand is the small, wholemeal stuff in 7-Eleven, and that's the best stuff there is.

American Scampi ?? :D That's not bread but prefabricated sponge you're eating :o

Nothing beats a real European baker. Surely not the sugarbomb desserts they make in Los.... yuk.

Got to agree that European bread is about the best anywhere.  Up in the northern part of Spain they make this great stuff with a real hard crust that can make a whole meal in itself.

I know that stuff... it's so hard your gums bleed. (and no sleezy comments here please)

ASIC

I have a bread maker its the best thing since sliced bread  :D  Sorry i dont know what came over me.

Realy its the best, just put in the self raising flower, yeast, milk, sugar(a small amount), lard and salt.

set the timer and go to bed.

the next morning you awake to the smell of fresh bread WOW its almost as good as sex, :o  well no its not but it is good.

Dont spend a lot of money on flower any will do (ok slow down all you bakers i have used all types of flower and they all work)

The only problem i had was getting lard in Thailand they call it SHORTNING, thats American for lard.

If you can not find lard you can use Butter, it still works ok

follow the directions and amounts in the manual EXACTLY its chemistry not Artistry.

edd :D

Self Raising Flour AND Yeast.....Are you sure???

YES :D:D:wub:

Presumably the lack of good bread here reflects the fact that you can't grow wheat etc. in a tropical climate. Hence Thai ingenuity and love of the 'alloi' has never been applied to bread baking

So we need a few bakers from Europe, who will import their ingredients.

They would have to charge much more per loaf than the Gardenia etc. rubbish. But maybe they would be at least as cheap kilo for kilo.

Gardenia etc. have found a way of packaging air and getting people to pay for it.

If anybody knows of any bakery that they can recommend in either Udon or Khon Kaen PLEASE PLEASE post it on here.

If anybody knows of any bakery that they can recommend in either Udon or Khon Kaen PLEASE PLEASE post it on here.

Now come on Martin you have eaten my home made bread.

Why would you want any other bread after that? :D:D:D

Just kidding. :D

Ill see you soon Edd :o