British Teacher Stabbed

george

British Youths should be banned from drinking alcohol, they cause trouble wherever they go.

Very True Begs. I'm a Brit but not so youthful now and most of them are a bunch of idiots on a whore tour anyway. I f*cking hate them.

First comment isn't true, Begs. You only notice the <deleted>. Most Brits get drunk and silly, not troublesome. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich and see that great piss-up, we're mild by comparison with people from other countries. The locals think so as well.

Second comment is right, most Brits down South ARE on a whore-tour, so don't expect good behaviour from any of them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a <deleted>, too. Who else but a <deleted> would choose a word he can't even spell for his nickname? Don't tell me you're another Phuket English teacher...

I know how to spell renegade lol

Its just i use that name on another forum as somebody had already taken the correct spelling and just typed it in automatically

What makes me a <deleted>, i'm just trying to say that despite the circumstances my friend didn't deserve to be stabbed and nearly die.

I'm not another Phuket english teacher but I am about to go into my second year of an english degree at nottingham university :o

He was wounded seriously enough that the hospital contacted his parents and encouraged them to fly over to thailand as he might not make it.

I have being in Pattaya in January and while walking near soi 3, a couple with 2 babies being rob and hit by 3 teenage local boys. The tourist are veitnamess but holding Australia passport with the 2 babies they can't do anything except the robber try to grap the bag with money and camera as ussal local people just watch the poor tourist sreaming for help.

I chase the robbers and they can't manage to grap the bag but the victim's ear was bleeding.Few minutes later police catch 3 youngster but I can't remember their face as they are running back facing me, You guest what as good samitarian ends up, I have being pushing and scloulding by the police office for unable to see thier face.The police man not only rude but he treated me as criminal,

He grap my hand and pushing me around ,lucky my friends just sit outside the open bar saw what happen and interefer with talking to the policeman in Thai.

I don't understand what have I done wrong by helping other person in trouble and end up I being a victim myself and I try to report to certain dept but care free attitude not a single reply and until today I still want my justice back for the humilation and phyclology mentality I have suffer on that incident.

Can any one advise me what should I do next?

Konangrit,

I'll see if I can find it.

The upshot was that the guy was apparently not even staying at the hotel, but had sneaked in to use the pool. When he was asked to leave, he became abusive and made a big show of storming off with the towel.

Exactly - he had been using the pool for a week or so, (Montien) without being a guest, without using the services that one pays for (bar, food, etc.). A complete free-loader. Then, when the staff have finally had enough, he refuses to leave, becomes abusive, gets arrested.

I will search for the links.

I have being in Pattaya in January and while walking near soi 3, a couple with 2 babies being rob and hit by 3 teenage local boys. The tourist are veitnamess but holding Australia passport with the 2 babies they can't do anything except the robber try to grap the bag with money and camera as ussal local people just watch the poor tourist sreaming for help.

I chase the robbers and they can't manage to grap the bag but the victim's ear was bleeding.Few minutes later police catch 3 youngster but I can't remember their face as they are running back facing me, You guest what as good samitarian ends up, I have being pushing and scloulding by the police office for unable to see thier face.The police man not only rude but he treated me as criminal,

He grap my hand and pushing me around ,lucky my friends just sit outside the open bar saw what happen and interefer with talking to the policeman in Thai.

What a terrible situation to find yourself in. I sympathise totally, but maybe now we know why the local people just stand and watch - they know that the men in brown will round up everyone involved and treat them all as guilty until proven innocent. Or am I being too harsh? :o

... but care free attitude not a single reply and until today I still want my justice ....

I think what you are trying to say is "...couldn't care less attitude..."

...still want my justice back for the humilation and phyclology mentality I have suffer on that incident.

There is no such type of justice here. This isn't the West. TIT. :D

You're a <deleted>, too.  Who else but a <deleted> would choose a word he can't even spell for his nickname?  Don't tell me you're another Phuket English teacher...

I know how to spell renegade lol

Its just i use that name on another forum as somebody had already taken the correct spelling and just typed it in automatically

What makes me a <deleted>, i'm just trying to say that despite the circumstances my friend didn't deserve to be stabbed and nearly die.

I'm not another Phuket english teacher but I am about to go into my second year of an english degree at nottingham university :o

He was wounded seriously enough that the hospital contacted his parents and encouraged them to fly over to thailand as he might not make it.

Hey renagade, did you see what happened? I think a lot of us would like to know if the Thai man just picked up a knife from a table at his shop and went to argue with the farang, or whether he pulled a flick-knife from his pocket? Did he stab at the farang or just fight at close quarters and stab him? Any info gratefully received.

Konangrit,

I'll see if I can find it.

The upshot was that the guy was apparently not even staying at the hotel, but had sneaked in to use the pool.  When he was asked to leave, he became abusive and made a big show of storming off with the towel.

Exactly - he had been using the pool for a week or so, (Montien) without being a guest, without using the services that one pays for (bar, food, etc.). A complete free-loader. Then, when the staff have finally had enough, he refuses to leave, becomes abusive, gets arrested.

I will search for the links.

Thanks Pvt and UP2U, seems like the towel thief deserved what happened to him.

The guy who got stabbed was obviously acting like a complete idiot, but I think stabbing him for it is a bit over the top. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson now anyway. He also has a nice scar he can boast about once it's healed.

The guy who got stabbed was obviously acting like a complete idiot, but I think stabbing him for it is a bit over the top. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson now anyway. He also has a nice scar he can boast about once it's healed.

Why over the top? You think there should be rules or something in a street fight?

Get real. Maybe in the olympics but not in the street.

Why over the top? You think there should be rules or something in a street fight?

Why over the top? Maybe because stabbing someone with a knife carries a high risk of being charged with attempted murder, murder, or manslaughter. For which a lengthy jail term in a Thai prison is likely.

Why over the top? Maybe because stabbing someone with a knife carries a high risk of being charged with attempted murder, murder, or manslaughter. For which a lengthy jail term in a Thai prison is likely.

So you wouldn't want to go to jail to save your sister?

Once again all the falangs who hate falangs are justifying a cowardly thai using a weapon against a young falang guy who had one too many.

HE MISUNDERSTOOD!!!

What if she was trying to steal his bike?

And if the falang had started fighting hand to hand with the thai guy, you can bet every thai in the vicinity would play football with his head.

You're the kind of piss ants who make me spew.

Reverse the situation, and a falang stabs a thai guy. How many thais would turn around and say "Well the Thai deserved it, drunken idiot?"

God help the falang in Thailand.

He is very alone!!!

So you wouldn't want to go to jail to save your sister?

Save her from what exactly?

The hooded claw???

But she was not, she was on her motorcycle when she was attacked by a drunken <deleted>.

What would you do if it was your wife , sister, gf, mother, walk up and pat him on the back and tell him he is mistaken and he is misunderstanding the situation and politely ask him not to push your sister off her motorcycle again?

Remember this guy has already pushed a girl off her bike, so he is obviously well pissed, what would you do?

:o

I'd give him a whack, I see no reason why a knife had to be used.

I've read a few strange PoVs on this forum, but condoning stabbing confused drunken tourists is just ridiculous. In fact it's so ridiculous that I'm starting to think that you're just trolling. No sane person would feel that stabbing an unarmed drunk is a reasonable response to him pushing someone to the floor.

Right or wrong the guy is just lucky that he has lived to tell the story. I highly doubt the guy who stabbed him is still in jail after he changed his story and I doubt further that there will be any crime prosicuted even if the guys original story were what realy happened. Ive seen a few handfuls of cases like this and Thai on Falang violance is rarley prosicuted. He will probably go back to England and that will be the end of it. It could have been alot worse. The last time I saw a dead falang here witnesses said the guy hit him head on in his lane and the guy in charge told the driver "mai bin lai falang". I dont think they even asked the driver for his name.

But she was not, she was on her motorcycle when she was attacked by a drunken <deleted>.

What would you do if it was your wife , sister, gf, mother, walk up and pat him on the back and tell him he is mistaken and he is misunderstanding the situation and politely ask him not to push your sister off her motorcycle again?

Remember this guy has already pushed a girl off her bike, so he is obviously well pissed, what would you do?

:D

i think medicinebox got his point across very well- what's acceptable and what's not

the drunk deserved a punch but the thai stabbing him is excessive

unlike u begs i wouldn't feel the need to take a knife :o

None of us was there, so we can't really know what happened. If the farang was vicious enough attacking the sister, and subsequently aggressive enough doing the same to the brother when he tried to intervene, I think that one might understand pulling a knife in self-defense. We cannot know how aggressive and violent the drunken <deleted> was being.

All I know is that if my sister and I were being attacked for whatever reason, and I had a knife on me, I would probably use it if I perceived it was necessary for self-defence.

All I know is that if my sister and I were being attacked for whatever reason, and I had a knife on me, I would probably use it if I perceived it was necessary for self-defence.

You would use a knife on an unarmed man who was drunk? Think about what you're saying man. I hate knives. Absolutley hate them. I'd rather have a gun drawn on me than a knife (i've had both).

All you "Jack the Knife" characters. If you going to pull a knife, make sure you can use it, because it is a clear threat on the other persons life, and if he takes it off you, he will use it on you.

All you "Jack the Knife" characters. If you going to pull a knife, make sure you can use it, because it is a clear threat on the other persons life, and if he takes it off you, he will use it on you.

All?

Who are they? :o

All?

Who are they? :o

Hopefully very few.

I stand by my statement. Knives are nasty.

You would use a knife on an unarmed man who was drunk? Think about what you're saying man. I hate knives. Absolutley hate them. I'd rather have a gun drawn on me than a knife (i've had both).

Does that conclude you would rather get shot than stabbed?

I totally agree with medicinebox. Thais are cowards. They live for situations like the one being discussed:young, drunk, defenceless foreign lad. Prison? The Thai will be given an award for doing what he did! Proving to his mates how brave he is. I've seen it hundreds of times over the past 14 years. A typical situation: Lone foreigner shot or stabbed to death by gang of Thais. Thai-language newspaper headline reads: "Brave Thai man kills big, bad, disgusting farang".

Does that conclude you would rather get shot than stabbed?

Shot to death, or stabbed to death??

There is just something medieval about knives cutting through ones flesh that I dont like.

Its like saying, "would you rather be bit by a poisonous spider or snake?".

Personally i'd rather be bit by a snake, and shot with a gun, than bit by a spider then knifed.

We should do a poll maybe.

Now its getting silly though. :o

I totally agree with medicinebox. Thais are cowards. They live for situations like the one being discussed:young, drunk, defenceless foreign lad. Prison? The Thai will be given an award for doing what he did! Proving to his mates how brave he is. I've seen it hundreds of times over the past 14 years. A typical situation: Lone foreigner shot or stabbed to death by gang of Thais. Thai-language newspaper headline reads: "Brave Thai man kills big, bad, disgusting farang".

That's funny. I've been back to Thailand for over 13 years and have not recall reading such a headline. Not even in Thairath which is known for sensatinalism. Why don't you save a copy and post it to this site the next time you see such headlines.

unlike u begs i wouldn't feel the need to take a knife :D

We are not talking about You or I, we are talking about a Thai Guy that is seeing his sister being attacked by a Drunken Farang. In UK he would have probably been kicked into Hospital for the same actions had some English guy saw his sister being pushed off her motorcycle by some drunken foreigner.

Think about the reaction from an English lad and his mates at the pub at the sight of that, what do think would happen?

Get real mate, you know what would happen, and being glassed or hit over the head with a bottle in UK is not very rare is it, or are you the type of guy that thinks that Brits are honourable and chivalrous in such situations, you think the British guy would go home, get the Boxing Gloves and give him a Damm good British Style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down! :o

Lets face it, Brits cannot hold their drink. Brits on the Piss should wear a sign around their necks, stating the fact that they are British, and likely to get really stupid when drunk. :D