June 25, 20251 yr The blue AC drainage pipe which runs the length of my balcony to the drain has cracked at one of the joints and the water is puddling on the balcony. Is there a kind of tape I can wrap around it for an easy fix? Thanks.
June 25, 20251 yr Has it actually come apart at a joint? If so use PVC pipe cement to re install. There are some VERY sticky wet repair tapes on Lazada. A photo of what the problem is would be useful. "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
June 25, 20251 yr Author 14 minutes ago, Crossy said: Has it actually come apart at a joint? If so use PVC pipe cement to re install. There are some VERY sticky wet repair tapes on Lazada. A photo of what the problem is would be useful. Thanks. Yeah, I should have taken a picture of it but it is inconvenient to get to and I managed to push it back together and don't want to pull it apart. I think what happened was someone working on repairing a crack on the outside of the balcony stepped on it or put something heavy on it. Now the male section of the pipe is cracked for a couple of inches lengthwise on the bottom and I am not sure if sticking the sections together with or without glue will work. I can just get someone to come repair it but if I can tape it together it will be less hassle.
June 25, 20251 yr Author 19 minutes ago, roo860 said: Why not replace the damaged section, it's only small bore pipe, mine are push fit Just a bit of a hassle compared to taping it or getting someone else to repair it.
July 5, 20251 yr The tapes are usually a temporary fix. It’s better to replace it. It may even be cheaper
Create an account or sign in to comment