Hospital Pharmacy For Prescription?

onomataho

Is this a drug that can only be obtained in a hospital pharmacy? If not there are large parmacies in the Victory Monument area that would be much cheaper and should be fresh stock from what others have posted here. I do not know of any hospital pharmacy that sells drugs to walk in customers (but admit I never tried).

Is this a drug that can only be obtained in a hospital pharmacy? If not there are large parmacies in the Victory Monument area that would be much cheaper and should be fresh stock from what others have posted here. I do not know of any hospital pharmacy that sells drugs to walk in customers (but admit I never tried).

~~

Yes, this is a "hospital pharmacy only" drug. The doctor wrote a prescription for it and presumably I can have it filled at any hospital pharmacy.

It's about 75 baht a pill at BNH. I have a feeling I can do better since I need about 70 of the little buggers. Any suggestions?

~~

I'm no doctor, but I take Celebrex for my arthritis. Available at the majority of pharmacies for 290 baht for a 10 pack.

-O

~~

Artrodar is much easier on the stomach than new generation NSAIDs like Celebrex, and it helps rebuild joint tissue. For my sore shoulder and back, combined with glucosomine, it seems to be working...

Everyone is different when it comes to drugs and their benefits. Glad the Celebrex works for you.

~~

Pharmacies at Siriraj Hospital area sell really reasonable price.

I would like to recommend the one with Thai name.

This store has aircon and crowed.

I am not sure if staff can speak English, you may need to take

your Thai friend with.

Oh..this shop allow you to bargain a little too. :o

I asked a pharmacist about Artrodar and if it was only available from hospital pharmacies.

They said sales of Artrodar wasn't restricted to hospital pharmacies but as it was a rather new drug and expensive some of the smaller pharmacies may not hold it in stock.

"Are you sure it covers medicine?"

Yes, I'm positive.

They'll give you 30 days worth at a time. I've been getting meds free for years.

The downside is you have to use the hospital they assign you to. Soc Sec gave me a choice of places to choose from. A combination of government and private hospitals.

You have to be in the system for 3 months before the benefits kick in.

I asked a pharmacist about Artrodar and if it was only available from hospital pharmacies.

They said sales of Artrodar wasn't restricted to hospital pharmacies but as it was a rather new drug and expensive some of the smaller pharmacies may not hold it in stock.

Thanks, I'll check at a few pharmacies that are in my neighborhood.

Pharmacies at Siriraj Hospital area sell really reasonable price.

I would like to recommend the one with Thai name.

This store has aircon and crowed.

I am not sure if staff can speak English, you may need to take

your Thai friend with.

Oh..this shop allow you to bargain a little too. :o

Thanks, I think I will check this out.

Follow-up...

I was able to find the arthritis drug I needed at a pharmacy (SC Bhaesaj) on Rama IV Rd. across from Chulalongkorn Hospital.

It was about 60% less than at BNH (35 baht/pill vs. 75baht/pill).

"Seek and yee shall find..."

Thanks for all the input. mja