Investing In Gold

I'm interested in investing in Gold. I have a few questions. When people talk about international gold prices (its currently at $672 an ounce) and then I go to MBK and I see 1 Baht of Gold for 10,750 baht, is that the same thing? Or is this some different kind of gold?

If I take this gold to America, will I be able to sell it to a traditional gold dealer? Anybody have an idea of what I'll get for it? Anybody done this?

Are there restrictions like with currencies on taking the gold out of the country?

Thanks for any additional info.

I'm interested in investing in Gold. I have a few questions. When people talk about international gold prices (its currently at $672 an ounce) and then I go to MBK and I see 1 Baht of Gold for 10,750 baht, is that the same thing? Or is this some different kind of gold?

If I take this gold to America, will I be able to sell it to a traditional gold dealer? Anybody have an idea of what I'll get for it? Anybody done this?

Are there restrictions like with currencies on taking the gold out of the country?

If you are a US citizen and want to play gold, probably the easiest way to do it is to buy shares of the ETF on the NY Stock Exchange that trades under symbol "GLD". You are unlikely to make a quick profit by buying gold from a gold retailer at the MBK and selling it to a gold dealer in America. If it was that easy, the gold dealers in America would fly to Bangkok and buy gold at the MBK themselves.

if you want to invest in physical gold, such as buillion or coins, then the best are 1 ounce bullon ingots with ASSAY cards (measured for purity and stamped)

the 2 world renowed gold assayers are Credit Suisse and Pamp Suisse (see picture below)

if you want to buy gold coins, you will pay a premium for the minting cost and any perceived collection value

so to sum up, if you want physical gold at lowest cost with guaranteed purity and easiest to sell, stick to 1 ounce ingots with assay card from either pamp suisse or credit suisse, forget jewelry as it usually mixed with other alloys

post-41241-1186800283_thumb.jpg

Edited by bingobongo