Let's Hear It For Kad Farang On The Hang Dong Rd

Sanpatong

I live South of town and normally I just go into town for groceries or food without giving it much thought. I always thought the new 'Kad Farang' complex was an attempted tourist trap of some kind or another. It ISN'T.

There's quite a big Rim Ping supermarket there, and I especially like the 'Doi Kham' Royal Project store; I used to go to the one at/near CMU, but this is a lot closer if you're south of town. Even for lunch etc it's convenient for the Canyon Coffee & Food franchise and S&P. (Ok I don't like S&P that much, but it's there). Some other Western owned/aimed shops and restaurants there as well that I haven't tried yet.

I live South of town and normally I just go into town for groceries or food without giving it much thought. I always thought the new 'Kad Farang' complex was an attempted tourist trap of some kind or another. It ISN'T.

There's quite a big Rim Ping supermarket there, and I especially like the 'Doi Kham' Royal Project store; I used to go to the one at/near CMU, but this is a lot closer if you're south of town. Even for lunch etc it's convenient for the Canyon Coffee & Food franchise and S&P. (Ok I don't like S&P that much, but it's there). Some other Western owned/aimed shops and restaurants there as well that I haven't tried yet.

You will be even happier to know that Big C and Makro are opening new stores near you soon. :o

You will be even happier to know that Big C and Makro are opening new stores near you soon. :o

why is there nothing ever going on in san kampheng?

Those of you in south part of town or north part of Hang Dong may feel as we did in Hua Hin when the new supercenter mall opened, giving us Home Pro, Tesco Lotus, Sizzler, S&P, and many other stores. My friends tell me that Rimping is quite small compared to the other branches. S&P is good, but no club sandwich for me!! :o Giorgio had good pizza and lasagna.

You will be even happier to know that Big C and Makro are opening new stores near you soon. :D

why is there nothing ever going on in san kampheng?

You get the annual umbrella festival in Bor Sang come January.. :D :D :o

I live in the village behind Kad Farang, very comfortable now that we have this market. Will NEVER go back to Lotus when big C opens out here, though they have finally started to make the Hang Dong lotus nice ONLY because they will soon not be the only game in Hang Dong area? They used to shut off the air con around 6pm and by closing it was an oven. They dont do that any more... go figure, nice and cool and TOO DARN LATE. :o

Rim Ping rocks but the size of the one out our way is a bit small. Its exactly what we need here but I still have to do the bulk of shopping at lotus ... soon to be shopping at big c.

Edited by swain

Giorgio restaurant, which is also located at Kad Farang will be closing end of this year. Think after that it will go more downhill. There is another little Italian "bistro" type at the back, Trattotia. A bit pricey but good ingredients. If the future is a bit like JJ Market (same owner) there will not be much left after a year or so. People build these places without much consideration as how to make it work. JJ Market was great when it opened, now more than 80% is shut and vacant.

Giorgio restaurant, which is also located at Kad Farang will be closing end of this year. Think after that it will go more downhill. There is another little Italian "bistro" type at the back, Trattotia. A bit pricey but good ingredients. If the future is a bit like JJ Market (same owner) there will not be much left after a year or so. People build these places without much consideration as how to make it work. JJ Market was great when it opened, now more than 80% is shut and vacant.

I chatted with a lady who was also visiting Canyon, and she said she was *SERIOUSLY* disappointed with Georgio. And at those prices, that's unforgivable. I don't think it's demise will make much difference. I'd go there just for the Royal Project shop.

i cant figure JJ market out. what was the intention of building it? you are right. no planning whatsoever. looks like a mini ghost town. Is The Cottage still doing business near there? havent been to that side for a long time now. kad farang. same thing, same concept, different place.

i still wonder why nothing is going on in san kampheng :o

i still wonder why nothing is going on in san kampheng :o

It's me - I scare them off :D

sersiously though - we have a mini lotus, 7-11, some good little restaurants, and shops. What are you looking for out here?

CB

something huge like a lotus, farang restaurants etc etc on the new san kampheng road. not the old one. a lot of land around for development. just wondering why nothing is happening. as a matter of fact, the road is supposed to be upgraded to a dual carriageway. right now they building two bridges for the canals and its hel_l !