Suit Tailor In Bkk

spog

I'm after a new suit - can anyone recommend a good tailor in BKK - preferably in Silom or near the BTS/MTRD?

I want something good, preferably an Armani knock-off. Am I going to get anything decent and well-made here, or should I nip over the HK and get one there.?

Ta

spog

There's alot in Silom and other parts of Bkk, maybe you could try one of those in-the-hotel tailors.

About quality... well, if you use to wear Armani and such, it "feels" different when you are wearing that is made in these stores. But from the outside it looks almost the same.

I think it's more on type of material that you choose for your suit.

Goodluck

Explorer :o

• 2 weeks later...
I'm after a new suit - can anyone recommend a good tailor in BKK - preferably in Silom or near the BTS/MTRD?

I want something good, preferably an Armani knock-off. Am I going to get anything decent and well-made here, or should I nip over the HK and get one there.?

Ta

spog

there is a tailor in town that makes suits for George Bush , not sure if thats a recomendation or not... :o

Bush family, diplomats, spies flock to master tailor

By DENIS D. GRAY, Associated Press Writer July 27, 2004

BANGKOK, Thailand - Jesse and Victor Gulati insist word-of-mouth is all the advertising they need for their hole-in-the-wall tailor shop. And who's to argue when they have President Bush hearing endorsements from a regular customer - his dad.

A stop at Rajawongse Clothier has over the years become a must for visiting statesmen, ambassadors and generals, along with spies and Secret Service agents ("They like their suits a bit loose," Victor notes).

The shop's back wall is covered with letters of appreciation and photographs of happy customers like the Bushes, Sen. John Kerry, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge and Nancy Reagan.

Rajawongse is among hundreds of Bangkok tailor shops, many catering to foreign visitors who have discovered that the city has dethroned such Asian tailoring capitals as Hong Kong in value for money.

Most of the tailors are geared to what Jesse, the 54-year-old family patriarch, somewhat condescendingly calls "the tourist trade." Prices in those places may be bargain-basement, but buttons tend to pop and collars wilt after a few wearings.

Then there are a handful of world-class masters like the Gulatis, who have built up a loyal clientele over 43 years through quality craftsmanship, reasonable prices and a friendly, smooth-as-silk service in perfect English.

"Morning, Andrew," says Jesse's son Victor, not skipping a beat as he greets a longtime customer, a State Department official traveling through Southeast Asia who pops in to have one suit, three pants and three shirts made.

Both father and son have a knack for instantly recalling names and faces of customers they may not have seen for a decade. And the Gulatis keep a detailed client database, although they admit problems arise when some forget to update with the growth of a paunch or a crash diet when placing orders from abroad.

"It's the best value in the world," says the visiting diplomat, Andrew Scott of Alexandria, Va., emerging from a tiny fitting room. "They make great stuff in Italy but you'll pay $1,000 a suit."

• 5 years later...

Romeo & Juliet Tailors are my favorite tailors been their customer for last 10 years, nothing wrong. try contacting Victor he is nice guy and owner of the shop. madam pronom is not the owner, she was a worker and have been kicked out of the shop long time back.

Just last month i had my suits hand tailored by them they fit perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Even after 5 years this thread received only 13 replies which I trust contains now outdated information

and the OP still got no useful answer. OP also did not respond anymore within the last 5 years

I trust OP has found his tailor and this is a good reason to close this topic

//CLOSED//