Nong Bua Lamphu

Zeid

I´m a Brit, but have now lived for the past 31 years in Berlin - the last 12 of those with my thai wife from Nong Wah Yay, which is about 8 km S-E of NBL. We visit there every 2 years on average and will be there next year from 14th March until 5th April, when I would very much like to meet any Farangs in the area who would like to meet me/us....... :D

We plan to move to NWY or NBL in the next 2-3 years permanently and already have small-scale business plans with my wife´s brother and his wife, part of which have actually already been implemented and running, even though the main area still has to come........... that´s to keep me busy, when I get there....... :o We won´t be financially dependent on this for our income, though - it´s just a side-line - so I´ll have plenty of time to pursue hobbies.......................... anyone there into cycling?????

Hey I was just there, I visit about every three months for a month at a time. I actually live about 50 minutes from there in a place called Bahn Simon, however the kids go to school in Nong Bua Lam Phu and we belong to the church there (where the GF works). I saw at least 3 falangs when I was there last time, however I find many falangs to be standoffish, I pretty much say hello to everyone, but then get that weird stare. Maybe we can hook up for a beer the next time I'm in the area (if you live in that area).

sweet,

i actually need to do some excerise as well, maybe i will join both of ya,

I know where my wife is from 5km in from kuddoo a heaven called nong wang, there is the international street now where there are many farangs, after my wedding we had a nice foottball game between the farangs and the thais, but we had a great thai goal keeper.

I just finished (nearly) my house some 38 kilometers west of NBL.

Unfortunately I am still working in Saudi but plan to retire as soon as this contract is over and split my time between my house there and the one in Pattaya.

I will be happy to meet anybody after I get there.

According to one of my wife´s brothers, they are planning to build an airport at NBL shortly - does anyone have further details on this???? If not, I´ll make enquiries when we are there next year. It looks like NBL will be THE place to live in soon................. :o

I Know a few who live in Nonbualamphu, one is a member of this forum but not seen him on here for a while, Rigger, also a guy called gary who rents out log cabins at his home, Dave who does motorcycle tours. all from this area.

Edited by Totster
Removed URL

According to one of my wife´s brothers, they are planning to build an airport at NBL shortly - does anyone have further details on this???? If not, I´ll make enquiries when we are there next year. It looks like NBL will be THE place to live in soon................. :o

it is in my street the land is as expensive as rayong :D

and i wish they do an sirport there, because once i move there i will try to make an airstrip for ultralight, to fly over the udon rat dam.

[

it is in my street the land is as expensive as rayong :D

Where exactly is your street?????

and i wish they do an airport there, because once i move there i will try to make an airstrip for ultralight, to fly over the udon rat dam.

...... for your own private use????????? :o

nong wang

kuddoo

nonsang

nongbualamphu

well still studying prices to get one in the next few years, depending on the new job if i get it, and not a plane plane but an ultralight a airborne one.

looking for a kit where it will be cheaper than a built one.

again that is a plan that i feel it should e transformed to a reality

My wife has 5 rai in Na Klang. We plan to build a house there in the next 5 years if all goes well. Already filled the land in. For now, we both work here in the US and try to visit each April .

My new house is in Ban Thepkeeree, just five minutes from Na Klang. I go to Na Klang for the 7-11 and other exciting adventures.

My wife has 5 rai in Na Klang. We plan to build a house there in the next 5 years if all goes well. Already filled the land in. For now, we both work here in the US and try to visit each April .

My new house is in Ban Thepkeeree, just five minutes from Na Klang. I go to Na Klang for the 7-11 and other exciting adventures.

Is it Na Klang where the weekly cattle market is held????? We were there a couple of years ago but I´m not sure of the name any more. My wife comes from Nongwahyay, about 8 km SW of Nongbualamphu. We´ll be there from around 29th March until 4th Arpril next year. So you live there full time???? What do you do???????

Is it Na Klang where the weekly cattle market is held????? We were there a couple of years ago but I´m not sure of the name any more. My wife comes from Nongwahyay, about 8 km SW of Nongbualamphu. We´ll be there from around 29th March until 4th Arpril next year. So you live there full time???? What do you do???????

Sadly, I still have a little over one year left on my contract in Saudi so I do not live there full time. My wife, daughter and step-son are there enjoying the new house while I am in the middle of the great sand trap. I run a defense contract.

When I retire at the completion of this contract, we will likely split our time between up-country and our house in Pattaya.

I do recall seeing a cattle auction somewhere in either Korkor or Na Klang when I was there last week. Sorry I can't tell you exactly where it was, though.

in NBL next to ubonrat dam it has been raining cats and dogs, anyone in this area,

the wife was calling her mother and she had to hang up because the rain was to strong.

but as i understood that NBL rarely gets floods since it sits high up? true??

Edited by Zeid

in NBL next to ubonrat dam it has been raining cats and dogs, anyone in this area,

the wife was calling her mother and she had to hang up because the rain was to strong.

That may be true of NBL town but in the surrounding areas - in particular where the river Lam Panneeyang (??) flows - there is massive flooding every year. My wife´s family has land next to this river. I´ve been there several times and it was always a smallish river which you could cross by means of a bamboo bridge. Last year, however, the floods washed away the banks of the river to such an extent that it now looks like the Grand Canyon!!!! It was horrifying to see the difference - the masses of water which the floods brought via this river washed away vast amounts of the river bank on both sides and it is now impossible to cross. In fact, I´ve just remembered that a villager was washed away by the floods last year and drowned.

I´m a Brit, but have now lived for the past 31 years in Berlin - the last 12 of those with my thai wife from Nong Wah Yay, which is about 8 km S-E of NBL. We visit there every 2 years on average and will be there next year from 14th March until 5th April, when I would very much like to meet any Farangs in the area who would like to meet me/us....... :D

We plan to move to NWY or NBL in the next 2-3 years permanently and already have small-scale business plans with my wife´s brother and his wife, part of which have actually already been implemented and running, even though the main area still has to come........... that´s to keep me busy, when I get there....... :o We won´t be financially dependent on this for our income, though - it´s just a side-line - so I´ll have plenty of time to pursue hobbies.......................... anyone there into cycling?????

Hello, I'm just joining the forum. I also am planning to come to Nong bua Lamphu to live around the first part of next year. Would like to meet some expats living there. Will be coming there in March for a few weeks. Do you know of any expat clubs in the area ?

bilwilsonjr,

congrats on yrou first post and glad it is in NBL province, i am not sure about expat clubs, but where in NBLwill you be?

Glad for your fast response. My wife to be lives in a small subdivision just outside of town. We are renting a house there now but plan to build once I get there to live. Looking forward to being there. Just love it over there. Have been coming there three times a year for the past three years. Will be retiring first of next year and thats when I plan to come there for good. Look forward to staying in touch and maybe meeting sometime in the Land Of Many Smiles.

Hello, I'm just joining the forum. I also am planning to come to Nong bua Lamphu to live around the first part of next year. Would like to meet some expats living there. Will be coming there in March for a few weeks. Do you know of any expat clubs in the area ?

Expat clubs??????? :D:D That´s a good one....... :D I think we are somewhat inthe wilderness as far as that is concerned.........I did write somewhere that I met a Danish bloke last time I was in NBL, who lives somewhere outside - he saif that a few Farangs meet at some pub in NBL, not far from the market. Will you be living in NBL itself????? I can give you the mobile number of one of my family just before we go for our visit at the end of March next year.................that´s if you´re still there then???

That may be true of NBL town but in the surrounding areas - in particular where the river Lam Panneeyang (??) flows - there is massive flooding every year. My wife´s family has land next to this river. I´ve been there several times and it was always a smallish river which you could cross by means of a bamboo bridge. Last year, however, the floods washed away the banks of the river to such an extent that it now looks like the Grand Canyon!!!! It was horrifying to see the difference - the masses of water which the floods brought via this river washed away vast amounts of the river bank on both sides and it is now impossible to cross. In fact, I´ve just remembered that a villager was washed away by the floods last year and drowned.

i guess the same happens next to ubonwat dam, but never considered it as flood as it is all rice farms, but the first time i drove through there was no rain and the ###### was close took a shortcut through what will be a giant water object :o but in the rain season the restaurant on the dam seemed real far away,

great nice huits they got there, with nice food as well.

Expat clubs??????? :D:D That´s a good one....... :D I think we are somewhat inthe wilderness as far as that is concerned.........I did write somewhere that I met a Danish bloke last time I was in NBL, who lives somewhere outside - he saif that a few Farangs meet at some pub in NBL, not far from the market. Will you be living in NBL itself????? I can give you the mobile number of one of my family just before we go for our visit at the end of March next year.................that´s if you´re still there then???

Thanks for the info on the expat club near the market. I'll look around the area next time there to see if I can find it.

We will be living in NBL for awhile and maybe for good when I come there. We haven't really decided yet. I like the NBL area but want to check out some of the other regions before we make the final decission. Would love to have a place on the water as I love fishing. Will have to just wait and see how it plays out when I get over there.

Have to run. Time for work. Will get back to you later.