Nong Bua Lamphu

Zeid

There just mihgt be a chance for you guys to get together in NPL soon. Rigger on of the guys metioned earlier in the thread, has decided to put together a charity ride for an Orphange in NPL. It's just in the beginning planning stages. But knowing rigger it will come together. Rider or not a good activity for the farrangs in the area to get together and do something good for those who need the help.

When it comes together I will post it, a good time to get together.

• 2 weeks later...
I´m a Brit, but have now lived for the past 31 years in Berlin - the last 12 of those with my thai wife from Nong Wah Yay, which is about 8 km S-E of NBL. We visit there every 2 years on average and will be there next year from 14th March until 5th April, when I would very much like to meet any Farangs in the area who would like to meet me/us....... :D

We plan to move to NWY or NBL in the next 2-3 years permanently and already have small-scale business plans with my wife´s brother and his wife, part of which have actually already been implemented and running, even though the main area still has to come........... that´s to keep me busy, when I get there....... :o We won´t be financially dependent on this for our income, though - it´s just a side-line - so I´ll have plenty of time to pursue hobbies.......................... anyone there into cycling?????

Hello, I'm just joining the forum. I also am planning to come to Nong bua Lamphu to live around the first part of next year. Would like to meet some expats living there. Will be coming there in March for a few weeks. Do you know of any expat clubs in the area ?

Expat clubs??????? :D:D That´s a good one....... :D I think we are somewhat inthe wilderness as far as that is concerned.........I did write somewhere that I met a Danish bloke last time I was in NBL, who lives somewhere outside - he saif that a few Farangs meet at some pub in NBL, not far from the market. Will you be living in NBL itself????? I can give you the mobile number of one of my family just before we go for our visit at the end of March next year.................that´s if you´re still there then???

Thanks for the info on the expat club near the market. I'll look around the area next time there to see if I can find it.

We will be living in NBL for awhile and maybe for good when I come there. We haven't really decided yet. I like the NBL area but want to check out some of the other regions before we make the final decission. Would love to have a place on the water as I love fishing. Will have to just wait and see how it plays out when I get over there.

Have to run. Time for work. Will get back to you later.

Hi again, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'm working in Iraq now at a military base and I don't have access to a computer but ever so often.

As I stated before I am planning to come to Thailand to live hopefully within the next six months. Do you have any info on getting the retirement visa ?

You said earlier that you were going to be in NBL around the middle of Mar 2008. Would like to meet you if possible. I'm looking to meet people in the area as that's the best way to get to know the area and to make new friends.

Will wait to hear from you. If I don't get right back to you it's because I'm not able to get to the computer. BILL

Hi again, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'm working in Iraq now at a military base and I don't have access to a computer but ever so often.

As I stated before I am planning to come to Thailand to live hopefully within the next six months. Do you have any info on getting the retirement visa ?

You said earlier that you were going to be in NBL around the middle of Mar 2008. Would like to meet you if possible. I'm looking to meet people in the area as that's the best way to get to know the area and to make new friends.

Will wait to hear from you. If I don't get right back to you it's because I'm not able to get to the computer. BILL

Hi Bill..................... in Iraq??? At a military base???? Christ, I can´t think of many worse jobs to have!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you´ll certainly have deserved your trip to Thailand, when you finally get there!!!! My wife and I will be in NBL pretty much from 30th March until 5th April 2008, +/- a day or 2. (We´ll be touring other parts of T. in the 2 weeks before that). If you´re going to be there, I´ll give you a contact number nearer the time. I think there will be a couple of other farangs there as well, that we could meet up with. Any readers who will be there, please raise your hand!!!!! :o