Anyone With Experience With The Thai Consulate In Cebu?

A while back it seems like someone mentioned that there was a Thai Consulate in Cebu. Since I want to get a multiple entry Tourist Visa for my Filipina girlfriend, I was wondering if anybody had had any success in using that Consulate. I have read about all the horror stories about trying to get a TV in Manila and thought that maybe Cebu was a better alternative. Any information will be appreciated.

A while back it seems like someone mentioned that there was a Thai Consulate in Cebu. Since I want to get a multiple entry Tourist Visa for my Filipina girlfriend, I was wondering if anybody had had any success in using that Consulate. I have read about all the horror stories about trying to get a TV in Manila and thought that maybe Cebu was a better alternative. Any information will be appreciated.

I am married to a Filipina. We own a condo in Thailand, but just decided the frustrations of Thai Visas was not acceptable so we have relocated to the Philippines.

I don't know whether there is or is not a Thai consulate in Cebu. But from personal experience I can tell you that the horror stories related to the Thai Embassy in Manila are true.

If I were you, I would take an Air Asia flight to KL. Spend a few nights in KL and get a tourist visa for yourself and your girlfriend.

Did not hear that Cebu has a Thai Consulate.

A double entry Tourist is not available from the Embassy in Manila and yes these Horror stories are true.

In BKK many Philipinos just do the 3x30day border runs and , after the 90days allowance , apply for a Tourist Visa in Laos or Malaysia.

You can pm me for more details

I think I was the one to mention the Thai Consulate in Cebu some time back.

I never bothered to go there in the end and we ended up coming back in on a 30 day exemption and got a visa in Penang 30 days later. I just assumed that the Cebu consulate would be just as bad as the Manila Embassy and it would have been inconvenient for me to go there as I was staying on a different island.

Tim77's suggestion is the best way...just fly in via KL for a single entry Tourist Visa. This works out cheaper than flying directly from Manila to BKK.

Double entry tourist visas are no longer availabe from SE Asian consulates.

Found using Google:

Hon. Ray L. Chiongbian

Honorary Consul of Thailand

Royal Thai consulate Eastern Shipping Lines Bldg.,

M.J. Cuenco Ave., Cebu

Tel.: 412-1687 / 88 Fax: 254-8827

Edited by K2K

I guess I assumed that folks on this forum would have known about the Cebu Consulate. I have the following:

Royal Thai Consulate

Eastern Shipping Lines Building

M. J. Cuenco Street

Cebu City Region 7

(32) 70261

Contact Information

Mr. Roy L. Chiongbian

Consul, a.h.

Eastern Shipping Lines Building

M. J. Cuenco Street

Cebu City

Voice:(32) 70261

Note the telephone numbers are not the same as the prior reply!

I currently have a retirement visa to Thailand so I don't need to worry about the Visa chase. And I will be taking care of some business in Cebu anyway so will probably try it in September and see what happens. As a fall back position, I will have her enter Thailand on the 30 day exemption and then worry about getting a Tourist visa later.

I have thought about moving to the Philippines but I couldn't replace my present condo and frankly, I feel the security is much less than in Thailand. But that is one reason we will be in Cebu. I have heard that it is a possible alternative as far as comfort and convenience and the crime rate is much lower than Manila or AC. Just have to see.

Edited by irishman88

• 1 year later...
And I will be taking care of some business in Cebu anyway so will probably try it in September and see what happens.

Did you end up making this trip? I'm thinking of heading over and trying myself.

Cebu is not as bad as Manilla, but not great.

A friend of mine has a Philippina Manager working for his Thai company; His Manager needed to get a new non B Multiple entry visa, she had a current Work Permit and was visiting family in the Philippines for a holiday.

Manilla initially refused outright because she did not have a copy of the original WP5 form for work permit permission renewal! (she had the actual WP5 application receipt - but that was not enough for them). After my friend begged labour and got a copy of the original WP5, Manilla then refused again, this time because she did not have a return ticket to the Phillipines! To cut as long story short, she gave up on Manilla and went to the Thai Consulate in Cebu. The first day it was closed (normal working day) because they were inspecting a boat.

Eventually after three visits to Cebu and some odd requests she got a 3 month single entry non immigrant B, this was with a current Work Permit.

The Thai Embassy in Manilla is a nightmare, but the Cebu Consulate is more helpful, friendly, but still can ask for odd documents. Remember, this was a Philippino citizen applying.

Thanks for the info.

I got my last tourist visa in Manila and while it was a major pain the ass, once I gave them all the bullshit paperwork they wanted (they wanted a letter from my employer except I own my own business so I wrote a letter saying that I employed myself :D), I eventually got it. Having a Japanese passport probably made things a bit easier :o

Thanks for the info.

I got my last tourist visa in Manila and while it was a major pain the ass, once I gave them all the bullshit paperwork they wanted (they wanted a letter from my employer except I own my own business so I wrote a letter saying that I employed myself :D), I eventually got it. Having a Japanese passport probably made things a bit easier :o

A foreigner may be able to get one after going to a bit of trouble, but try scoring one for a young Filipino GF with no job or income.

A foreigner can usually get a tourist visa in other countries (Malaysia, Laos) without the need to show return tickets (onward tickets), but that won't work in Manila. I've even heard about them asking for proof of accommodation (hotel bookings). If a person decides to go through with the application process and fails, they'll even blow their application fee.

Edited by tropo

I've even heard about them asking for proof of accommodation (hotel bookings).

Yah, they asked that from me as well, although I just wrote them a letter explaining why I couldn't provide it (and a return ticket, as well).

As least they give you a little piece of paper listing all the documentation they want. I've been to places where they don't even do that and will deny you and not tell you why :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...