How Good Is The Internet Connection In Si-saket/ubon ?

mark100

Would anybody be able to tell me what the internet connection is like in Si-Saket and Ubon areas ?? Is broadband up here yet ?? Thanks

I use a laptop with a gprs-aircard and AIS or 1-2 call sim, not fast but it works, even when the weather is bad. I know that the school in the village has broadband but don't know if it's a landline or satelite.

In Sisaket we’ve had 512 ADSL for a few years now. There’s a few days each year when it goes offline but it’s generally stable. It’s fast enough to hold msn and yahoo voice chats with slight sound problems on weekends or school holidays. Heavy rain sometimes interferes with the connection.

The main problem explained to us by the telephone technician was the age of the phone lines restricting availability to faster speeds. With connection problems the technician usually arrives within an hour of it being reported during working hours.

If you’re in smaller towns or villages you may find you’re in a queue for a telephone land line. That can take years in some areas. If you’re unlucky and find yourself in a queue you may find someone in your area willing to sell their landline to you.

Edited by Farma

Would anybody be able to tell me what the internet connection is like in Si-Saket and Ubon areas ?? Is broadband up here yet ?? Thanks

I use a laptop with a gprs-aircard and AIS or 1-2 call sim, not fast but it works, even when the weather is bad. I know that the school in the village has broadband but don't know if it's a landline or satelite.

Thanks Mark

In Sisaket we've had 512 ADSL for a few years now. There's a few days each year when it goes offline but it's generally stable. It's fast enough to hold msn and yahoo voice chats with slight sound problems on weekends or school holidays. Heavy rain sometimes interferes with the connection.

The main problem explained to us by the telephone technician was the age of the phone lines restricting availability to faster speeds. With connection problems the technician usually arrives within an hour of it being reported during working hours.

If you're in smaller towns or villages you may find you're in a queue for a telephone land line. That can take years in some areas. If you're unlucky and find yourself in a queue you may find someone in your area willing to sell their landline to you.

Thanks for the info :o

Hi can you do yahoo/msn chat with video with gprs speed ?

I have used GPRS with AIS for about 12 months in northern Ubon where I get a full strength phone signal. I have used msn messenger chat (as in talking rather than typing) quite a few times. I found that if I am talking to someone with broadband there is no or little problems occuring but if I talk to someone on dial up the quality is poor and we revert back to typing the messages. I havent used video with the gprs so cant comment there.

I have used GPRS with AIS for about 12 months in northern Ubon where I get a full strength phone signal. I have used msn messenger chat (as in talking rather than typing) quite a few times. I found that if I am talking to someone with broadband there is no or little problems occuring but if I talk to someone on dial up the quality is poor and we revert back to typing the messages. I havent used video with the gprs so cant comment there.

Thanks, sounds pretty good but not for vdo if the talk/chat is fading

What kind of cost does it come to ? Do you use any of their packages ?

I use ASDL2/2+ in Sisaket. It took 24 hours from request to installation (incl. the phone line) by TOT. The cost is just over Bt800 per month. It does most things that Broadband does but I have been having problems with Skype video lately.

I use ASDL2/2+ in Sisaket. It took 24 hours from request to installation (incl. the phone line) by TOT. The cost is just over Bt800 per month. It does most things that Broadband does but I have been having problems with Skype video lately.

Are you in town or outside ?

Would love to have access to ADSL but 5km out of Khun Han might not be available.......

Thanks, sounds pretty good but not for vdo if the talk/chat is fading

What kind of cost does it come to ? Do you use any of their packages ?

I was using the 200 baht/60 hours per month package. Mind you I only used it for emails, MSN Messaging and a bit or other surfing. It was perfect for my needs

Thanks for the info :o