Whats Happening Here

DeputyDawg

This was Uncle Bucks answer to why the mobi threads for mercy mission had been closed and removed.

The threads were removed to comply with the Thaivisa policy of prohibiting solicitations of any kind.

Thanks for your understanding.

//Thread closed

What is happening, where is the TV heart.. George loose your visitors and you will soon loose your advertisers, TV has become so sterile over the last few years because of over "Maderation" (can't say the real word as its against forum rules)

Mad Mad Mad :o

I think some moderators are like those in military reserves, they have never had a real position of authority and the anonymity the web affords them lends to this cyber muscle flexing.

A little pity might be in order, they know not what they do.

I recall a recent case were things were locked up without any explanation. My own reasoning was that local economic interest in the unhealth business were threatened by our discussion. So not necessarily them military but other vested interests.

Before thread is closed... George would TV take on sponsorship for MM - say if we all pooled resources to buy it? Faire enuf if you don't, but in the back of my mind I was wondering this.

what a good idea, Britmouthygits 1st one ever :D

I'm up for that :o

Before thread is closed... George would TV take on sponsorship for MM - say if we all pooled resources to buy it? Faire enuf if you don't, but in the back of my mind I was wondering this.

hey BM why arent you promoting this on the forum where your a mod? :o

hey BM why arent you promoting this on the forum where your a mod? :o

Good idea, but at the end of the day we all know TV is the premier site for thailand, and can bring the most help. (put the word out to the expat and thai communities)

Brit - so long as you are just talking about a banner on some of the forums - I agree. But I would not want to interfere in any way with the running of MM itself.

And we'd have to shoose the fora carefully to get maximum reponse.

Folks, the reason for the new measures are genuine. If you guys could only see what comes to us mods each day you would understand a little better why a site as big as tv has to keep control of a few things.

How do the Nigerian scammers get your email addy? where does all the spam come from in your junk box? You only have an email address. Imagine what comes through to us being involved in "Thailand's premier site"?

As for MM, what a great place and as you all know in the past tv has been behind promoting it here in the PTY forum.

Unfortunately you give an inch and the rest of the mob, the ones that aren't genuine ruin it for the rest.

SO, the only way to stop the behind the scenes flow has been to plug the trickle. It is a real shame if you ask me and I wish there was a way to actually do something about it.

Please remember that whilst it may appear to you guys that the admin/mods are being unfair, or perhaps biased or whatever, there is always a reason, it is just that the rules that we follow are the reason why you guys do not have to put up with the cr@p that we do (let me make it clear, the cr@p isnt from you guys it is the spammers, the scammers the cheats and thieves) .

I do not know any current mod that is doing this task for a power trip, we all do it because we feel it is a way to put something back. For me TV helped me out in the beginning, when asked if I would help out in return I jumped at the chance. The others are the same, well maybe except for wolfie, and perhaps bucky, totster should be included in that too i guess, oh and then there is pattaya fox who like bronco, bazmlb, Maestro and monty are in it for personal gain, ofcourse JaiDee has no other mates so he fits right in and last bu tnot least is Yorkie who only does it for the free beer.

But otherwise we are only trying to help... :o

:D:D :D :D

Folks, the reason for the new measures are genuine. If you guys could only see what comes to us mods each day you would understand a little better why a site as big as tv has to keep control of a few things.

How do the Nigerian scammers get your email addy? where does all the spam come from in your junk box? You only have an email address. Imagine what comes through to us being involved in "Thailand's premier site"?

As for MM, what a great place and as you all know in the past tv has been behind promoting it here in the PTY forum.

Unfortunately you give an inch and the rest of the mob, the ones that aren't genuine ruin it for the rest.

SO, the only way to stop the behind the scenes flow has been to plug the trickle. It is a real shame if you ask me and I wish there was a way to actually do something about it.

Please remember that whilst it may appear to you guys that the admin/mods are being unfair, or perhaps biased or whatever, there is always a reason, it is just that the rules that we follow are the reason why you guys do not have to put up with the cr@p that we do (let me make it clear, the cr@p isnt from you guys it is the spammers, the scammers the cheats and thieves) .

I do not know any current mod that is doing this task for a power trip, we all do it because we feel it is a way to put something back. For me TV helped me out in the beginning, when asked if I would help out in return I jumped at the chance. The others are the same, well maybe except for wolfie, and perhaps bucky, totster should be included in that too i guess, oh and then there is pattaya fox who like bronco, bazmlb, Maestro and monty are in it for personal gain, ofcourse JaiDee has no other mates so he fits right in and last bu tnot least is Yorkie who only does it for the free beer.

But otherwise we are only trying to help... :o

:D:D :D :D

How about creating a "Charity Forum", a sub-forum in the Thai Visa forums?

The threads in this forum could be an exchange of knowledge, ideas, events, and everything that has to do with charity in Thailand.

That way, no one "solicits" in the regular forums, and everybody is happy (except the Nigerian geniuses).

Edited by MisterFingers

I would suggest that a lot of the problem the mods face is the prevention of 'identity theft' and the exposure of information.

The idea of covering the sponsorship subscription of MM on this web-site (which I believe is what Britmaveric was suggesting) by members of the forum would not endanger people's private details, but would just provide a click-link to MM web-site.

This would protect TV from any possible legal consequences.

By running such things themselves, TV could be open to legal action if identity theft, spamming, scamming and all other pains of the Internet dropped on some contributors. I think Tuky explained matters very well and I am satisfied that there was no ill intent. However I would still ask that we find ways to aid MM.