Tourist Visa And Visa On Arrival Question

I've read thru the forum threads and think I know the answer but, since this is immigration related, I want to make sure.

I'm an American who was living in Sri Lanka prior to coming to Thailand. I arrived in Thailand March 1, 2007 on a 60-day tourist visa (issued in Columbo) and received a 30-day extension at the end of April. At the end of May I went to China for three weeks and got another 60-day tourist visa in Beijing. I just got another 30-day extension which expires on Sept. 1st. I plan to return to the US in the middle of September and get a Retirement visa.

My issue is the two week period from September 1st, when my current extension expires, and my planned departure for the US on September 14th. What I think is true from reading the forum is that I can leave Thailand on September 1st (taking advantage of the cheap airfares to Singapore or KL) and return immediately getting a visa on arrival to cover the Sept. 1 - Sept. 14th period. Having the tickets for my flight to the US will help if there are any questions when I go through Immigration at Suvarnabhumi.

Am I correct? Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks.

Yes, you can get a 30 day stamp that way. No problem. You have been staying a long time, but all on visas. Best wishes on your retirement to Thailand. BTW, you are getting a 30 day entry stamp not a visa on arrival. It is not a visa.

Edited by Jingthing

What I think is true from reading the forum is that I can leave Thailand on September 1st (taking advantage of the cheap airfares to Singapore or KL) and return immediately getting a visa on arrival to cover the Sept. 1 - Sept. 14th period.

When you arrive back from Singapore/KL you will receive a 30 day visa exemption stamp. This will permit you to lawfully stay in Thailand until your flight leaves for the USA.

Unless you have some desire to visit Singapore, you don't have to fly out. You can get your 30 day visa-exempt entry by crossing the border at Laos/Cambodia/Burma (depending on your location).

Edited by tropo