Bangkok River Cruise

Jonny B

hi Jonny,,,

On my last two visits I stayed at the Riverside Bangkok ( hotel ) with my family, and each night ( I think ) they have two cruises.

One boat has a kind of eat as much as you can buffet, plus band. The other is a set menu, plus band.

I have been on both and the food is excellent, with the live bands playing a mix of Thai and foreign music.

Top that off with a night cruise up and down the river.

Highly recomended.

For cheap river cruise, take their local ferry along Chao Phraya where you can drop-off any tourist attraction site wherever you like.

Nonthaburi pier to the city centre (or the reverse) is the best view of Bangkok.

i did it, floating markets to, awesome fun and scenery for an afternoon. you see modern and older bkk on the same trip. heaps of cool souverneers to buy. and as always in thailand, food is excellent and cheap.

you can also easy use it as scenic transportation, ie: to get from Wat Arun to Wat Po, etc.

www.manohracruises.com/

These guys are the best. Old converted rice barge, 5 star quality, great ambience and service. Departs from the Marriot. You pay for what you get.

Have been on a Manorat cruise. Good food on the rice barge and not too expensive. BUT BE WARNED, if you hit the booze on the boat, your bill will go into phone numbers. Believe me, I've done it and had one mother of a (financial) hangover the next morning!!!

On my last two visits I stayed at the Riverside Bangkok ( hotel ) with my family, and each night ( I think ) they have two cruises.

One boat has a kind of eat as much as you can buffet, plus band. The other is a set menu, plus band.

I have been on both and the food is excellent, with the live bands playing a mix of Thai and foreign music.

We just went a couple of weeks ago. While I agree that the band is quite entertaining, I think the food is nothing special, IMHO.

www.manohracruises.com/

These guys are the best. Old converted rice barge, 5 star quality, great ambience and service. Departs from the Marriot. You pay for what you get.

Have been on a Manorat cruise. Good food on the rice barge and not too expensive. BUT BE WARNED, if you hit the booze on the boat, your bill will go into phone numbers. Believe me, I've done it and had one mother of a (financial) hangover the next morning!!!

ah k thanks mate, nah havnt been on any before so the info is much appreciated, taking parents and grandparents who will prob only have 1 drink at most nyway so the drink bill shouldnt be t much of a problem.

cheers

I'd like to recommend a man that really is a pleasure to take a cruise with and his boat would accomodate about 8 people besides the crew. His name is Charlie and he's on the opposite side of the river from River City near the Klong San Market. You simply take the public ferry ( 2.5 baht) across to where he parks his boat after you've made arrangements over the phone. He operates "Charlie Gallery" and is a very friendly American who has lived and owned businesses in Bangkok for the past 8 or more years.

He knows the Bangkok waterways as well as offers longer trips up to Ayutayha and back (a full day trip). If you're interested in a taking a friendly cruise that doesn't cost a fortune, then he would be the man to contact.

Give him a call at 081-837-5501 and tell him Jack recommended it. :o

Some of the river cruises are plain rip offs and some are meant for big spending tourists. If you want to have a nice cruise for a reasonable price check this out;

River Side Bangkok

195 Ratwiti Rd., Bangkok, 10700, Thailand

You won't see a lot of tourists and the cost will be Thai price. It's been a while since I took the cruise but I do remember the cost was quite reasonable at about 750 baht per person. You will cross the Krungthon bridge to get there. For a romantic time, stay at the Riverside Hotel and take the cruise.

He knows the Bangkok waterways as well as offers longer trips up to Ayutayha and back (a full day trip). If you're interested in a taking a friendly cruise that doesn't cost a fortune, then he would be the man to contact.

Give him a call at 081-837-5501 and tell him Jack recommended it. :D

That's something I've been looking for. Thanks for the tip. :o

Give him a call at 081-837-5501 and tell him Jack recommended it. :D

That's something I've been looking for. Thanks for the tip. :o

Me, too, Vic. Tell me how much it costs for a trip to Ayuttuhya and back.