Vigo Owners Will Dig This

Sanpatong

Thanks for that info.........................

I just watched the whole special, North Pole Arctic Challenge.............. ( 1 Hour on You Tube ). Top Gear presenters are ace, The Vigo 4 Door Looks great and even Jeremy Clarkson could not believe that it never missed a beat.

I wonder why they didn't take a Ford ? :o

I just watched the whole special, North Pole Arctic Challenge.............. ( 1 Hour on You Tube ). Top Gear presenters are ace, The Vigo 4 Door Looks great and even Jeremy Clarkson could not believe that it never missed a beat.

Does anybody know if Jeremy C has still got that Ford monster that would'nt run a single day without breaking down?

Bet he was sorry that he ever got the ###### thing, because he certainly didn't get much driving plesure out of it as far as I can recollect.

Can you buy DVD's of TG here in Thailand? miss the prog very much - ace program and presenters as previous person has said.

To clarify a bit - they didn't go to the North Pole, they followed the route of Polar Challenge, an annual racing event, since 1996. The finish is at the location of Magnetic North Pole as it was in 1996. It has drifted by hundreds of miles since then. Given enough fuel they could have possibly drive all the way to the North Pole, though, it's only some 800 km north from there.

None of the modifications on the truck mention changing 4wd system or the engine. They fitted bigger wheels and that forced them to move suspension a bit forward and they modified the engine to run at colder temperatures on special diesel mixture. No need for extra intercooler, I guess.

So the basics should be still the same as UK Vigo specs.

Does anybody know if Jeremy C has still got that Ford monster that would'nt run a single day without breaking down?

Bet he was sorry that he ever got the ###### thing, because he certainly didn't get much driving plesure out of it as far as I can recollect.

Can you buy DVD's of TG here in Thailand? miss the prog very much - ace program and presenters as previous person has said.

I'm a Chevy man myself, so don't look at it as much as defending Ford as defending American automobiles. The issues that Mr. Clarkson had with his Ford GT stemmed from the local yokels in merry old England installing an anti-theft/alarm system in the vehicle. Everyone knows about England's abysmal record in regards with electrics (not that the rest of the cars aren't top notch), but the fact that Top Gear glossed over that fact and instead continued to disparage American cars is telling. In fact Edmunds gave it a 94% reliability rating.