Bathroom Scales

Kaojai

Anyone have an idea where in Pattaya to find bathroom scales to measure a person's weight ?

I assumed this would be relatively simple, but searched the aisles at Carrefour, Home Pro, Mike's, Boots without luck. Haven't yet tried either of the Big C's.

I suppose most Thais don't need to monitor their weight, so it may not be a high turnover item, but surely some place must have them???

Anyone have an idea where in Pattaya to find bathroom scales to measure a person's weight ?

I assumed this would be relatively simple, but searched the aisles at Carrefour, Home Pro, Mike's, Boots without luck. Haven't yet tried either of the Big C's.

I suppose most Thais don't need to monitor their weight, so it may not be a high turnover item, but surely some place must have them???

I bought a nice digital bathroom scale at Carrefour last year, and at the time there were many models to choose from. I couldn't imagine that all of a sudden they've stop selling them.

When you go into Carrefour supermarket, enter on the far right (near the information counter) and head down until you see some motorcycles on display. Take a right there. It was near the sporting goods stuff.

When you go into Carrefour supermarket, enter on the far right (near the information counter) and head down until you see some motorcycles on display. Take a right there. It was near the sporting goods stuff.

Thanks. I'll look again. I had considered asking one of the "eager" shop assistants, but a previous experience when looking for a hand-held vacuum cleaner left me questioning my sanity. When I gave up asking and attempted to pantomime using the device, one woman at Big C seemed to think I was making an obscene proposal.

...the ones with digital display, memory and voice saying "You are a fat farang"

Someone near and dear already provides that service free of charge, though not digitally.

Thanks. I'll look again. I had considered asking one of the "eager" shop assistants, but a previous experience when looking for a hand-held vacuum cleaner left me questioning my sanity. When I gave up asking and attempted to pantomime using the device, one woman at Big C seemed to think I was making an obscene proposal.

I too like to avoid talking with the staff with their blank stares. One of the things I enjoy about shopping in most stores in Thailand is that the staff tend to leave you alone which suits me fine.

A better way of fitness is to measure your belly fat. Simply put, the bigger the belly the worse your health. Weight is arbitrary between muscle and fat. Abdominal fat is pretty accurate. The body puts on fat because of a command from the insulin level that is produced by the foods we eat, by the way, beer, is the worst because of the maltodextrose, thus beer belly. The lower sugar levels that you eat, the less fat you will produce, in general. This does not take in account of any physical activity or excersize program you may currently be in. Always consult a physician. (I am not a physician). :o

The lower sugar levels that you eat, the less fat you will produce, in general.

The guy is looking for bathroom scales, not a lesson in weight reduction however your statement is not true. You'll produce just as much fat from suger, fat, carbohydrate or alcohol comsumption if you go over your daily calorie expenditure. It's all about the calories, not the consistancy of your diet.

A person's health is not automatically guaged by fat levels. Some people genetically carry more fat and can be healthier than skinnier people. There are many factors that determine a person's health besides a simple measure of abdominal fat.

A set of bathroom scales are an indespensible item in any exercise/health program.

im just back from the Big C having bought myself a set of bathroom scales for 225baht, they work fine. Prices started at 98 baht +, they also had digital ones there too :o

Thanks for the various suggestions. I too went to Big C and got what looks like a good mechanical scale for B 295.

Unfortunately it shows the same number of kilos as the one at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya did last week. I was hoping for a more favorable second opinion.

Edited by Kaojai

Unfortunately it shows the same number of kilos as the one at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya did last week. I was hoping for a more favorable second opinion.

Most mechanical scales have an adjustment wheel. Just bring it back a few kilos for a more favourable opinion. :o

• 3 months later...

Most mechanical scales have an adjustment wheel. Just bring it back a few kilos for a more favourable opinion. :D

:o

Thanks for all the posts everyone ... knew I could rely upon ThaiVisa forum to have the answer, saves me hours of driving around Pattaya searching for scales, already tried a few places and am sure that if I looked in BigC I'd have missed them - by searching in the bathroom section!

Most thais don't buy scales 'cause they can weigh themselves outside most 7-elevens for 1 baht

I weight myself naked. Can't imagine doing this in front of the local 7/11 without causing panic. :o:D :D :D

I'm betting you even have a piss first and blow your nose

Most thais don't buy scales 'cause they can weigh themselves outside most 7-elevens for 1 baht

I weight myself naked. Can't imagine doing this in front of the local 7/11 without causing panic. :o:D :D :D

I'm betting you even have a piss first and blow your nose

you forgot taking a dump prior to weighing :D