Exporting Shipping

Hi All

Need your helpful advice again.

My wife (Thai) is wanting to set up a small company, which could involve sending or exporting overseas large or small shipments. My questions are:

1. Can you suggest a good company to set her up, does she even need to register the company as predominantly she would be working from home via the net, if she does need to register, I have heard for Thais this is not expensive at all, can anybody confirm?

2. If some orders needed a container, can anybody recommend a shipping company who can assist in this and the cost, for small packages I guess EMS would be the best way?

3. Would she need an export license, if so how can we obtain one.

I just want to make sure all is legal for her, if we could bypass any of the above then all the better as the company may do balls all.

Cheers

Ace

Hi All

Need your helpful advice again.

My wife (Thai) is wanting to set up a small company, which could involve sending or exporting overseas large or small shipments. My questions are:

1. Can you suggest a good company to set her up, does she even need to register the company as predominantly she would be working from home via the net, if she does need to register, I have heard for Thais this is not expensive at all, can anybody confirm?

2. If some orders needed a container, can anybody recommend a shipping company who can assist in this and the cost, for small packages I guess EMS would be the best way?

3. Would she need an export license, if so how can we obtain one.

I just want to make sure all is legal for her, if we could bypass any of the above then all the better as the company may do balls all.

Cheers

Ace

A lot would depend on if you were going to help with the business. I would suggest contacting Sunbelt or Indo Siam, who are sponsors. I think it is much easier for a thai. Probably a half dozen people have asked similar questions in the last month or so, so you may want to check out those posts for info. A LOT of people here are doing/have done the same thing. I would try to keep your expenses to a minimum for the time being. You can use freight forwarders for a lot of shipments that are too big to go air. Try and pick items that are unique so that you aren't just one of 100s, if not thousands selling on ebay etc. Good luck

:o

1. She can operate as a proprietor. There is no need to set up a company. However, some trades must be registered with the Ministry of Commerce. She should check with the commercial office in her area. Registration fee is very minimal, no need to think about it.

3. Export license can be obtained from Custom Department. Most shipping agents provide the service.

Thanks for the replies guy's.

LP....no it's well away from ebay.

Do you guys know of any shipping agents on the Eastern seaboard?

Cheers

Ace

Ace --- Nothing wrong with Ebay, it's just becoming crowded.

I believe one of the members here works in that field. Try PMing Raro, and I'm sure he can assist.

:o