1900 Number ?

nullx8

Hey boys 'n girls ...

anyone know (yes i know tot.co.th and cat... and else) the way hot to obtain a 1900 Number

OR a 5 digit value added number ??

are they are providers out there managing businesses like this ??

thanks alot in advance

Mario

Hey boys 'n girls ...

anyone know (yes i know tot.co.th and cat... and else) the way hot to obtain a 1900 Number

OR a 5 digit value added number ??

are they are providers out there managing businesses like this ??

thanks alot in advance

Mario

1-900 numbers are only available from TOT. You need to call them up and order it. They will only deliver on E1, and you need to pay 100k per month for this line (30 channels). Also, TOT will take 50% of the revenue for this service, and they will only pay you after they collect from the end user. Bad debt varies, but as a general rule you can assume about 30%.

So, you can figure if you charge the maximum 9 baht per minute, you can actually plan on collecting slightly over 3 baht after approximately 90 days. If you aren't doing at least 1000 minutes per day on your 900 service, you'll lose money.

There is no such thing as a 5 digit phone number. There are 3 and 4 digit numbers however. Those are technically concessions from the government. You need to be a Thai company, call TOT and fill out the forms. The government is the final authority on granting of this number. I can't imagine this is what you want though, since there is no way of making revenue off of this.

Perhaps what you are referring to are SMS short codes. Those you can get directly from the mobile operators. Again, they keep 50% of your revenue, and you need to apply with each mobile operator individually. They have generally gone to 7 digit codes now, so you can usually get the same number with all 3 operators.

The interface here will be a proprietary interface for each operator via HTML/XML. Bad debt is slightly less than with 900 service, but you can expect to wait 90 days before receiving any money.

Due to government restrictions, there are no 3rd party aggregators that you can deal with. However, if you have a good idea for value added content that would be interesting, there are 3rd party SMS VAS providers who will host your application for you and revenue share (i.e. 50% of your 50%)

That would be my recommendation.

If you tell us more about your application and what you want to do, we can probably recommend a better option.