Short Changing At Pattaya Mcdonalds

Lancelot

Such hyperbole really does show where heads such as yours and the OP are. If you've been living in Thailand for many years as you say you have, then it's time to pull you head out of the sand and look around.

I'll go further. It's time this guy pulled his head out of the sand and went home, if he's so frigging miserable. But, as many here suspect, there is nothing for him to go back to, and instead he mopes around, bitter and angry at both Thailand and those farangs who relish there time here.

Cue another boring response suggesting Bendix (Mr Humility) spends more time here before opening his mouth.

Where's the yawn emoticon for a guy who is rapidly becoming thaivisa's most boring git (as he was in a previous life, before being banned).

Agree with you Bendix.

I still can't believe that we have now had 9 pages discussing a 5bht overcharge on a MuckyD's coffee and how it proves that Thailand is corrupt.

I'm not going to utter those famous words yet, but if you don't like it.............you know the rest :o

You have to fill in the application form and pay 5 baht at the "Thai apologist brigade" counter before you can join us!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe that we have now had 9 pages discussing a 5bht overcharge on a MuckyD's coffee and how it proves that Thailand is corrupt.

five Baht is indeed a princely sum and that warrants another nine pages of bla-bla-bla! :o

Such hyperbole really does show where heads such as yours and the OP are. If you've been living in Thailand for many years as you say you have, then it's time to pull you head out of the sand and look around.

I'll go further. It's time this guy pulled his head out of the sand and went home, if he's so frigging miserable. But, as many here suspect, there is nothing for him to go back to, and instead he mopes around, bitter and angry at both Thailand and those farangs who relish there time here.

Cue another boring response suggesting Bendix (Mr Humility) spends more time here before opening his mouth.

Where's the yawn emoticon for a guy who is rapidly becoming thaivisa's most boring git (as he was in a previous life, before being banned).

Go home? Very original Mr. Bendix. Did you think that one up just now?

Can't defend your position so name calling is about all that is left.

Just go out and ask a bunch of Thai people if they trust their fellow man. Don't take my word for it.

You have to fill in the application form and pay 5 baht at the "Thai apologist brigade" counter before you can join us!

Dammit...you charged me 10 baht to join...

Its a SCAM. A Rip-off. Something which justifies me in saying that all other Thai apologists SCAMMERS who like RIPPING off poor unsuspecting wannabe Thai apologists.

I reckon it'll take a few days for this thread to fizzle out.

I reckon it'll take a few days for this thread to fizzle out.

I don't think so. I've just discovered in my last post on this thread the joys of writing in capitals the words "SCAM" and "RIPOFF". Somehow it is strangely satisfying.

SCAM.... RIPOFF..... Loving it!! No wonder we get so many threads. Writing "Thai apologist" in every second line has its pleasures as well.

Thai apologists......

Geez, I feel like I've discovered a secret here...

SoJo's restaurant in Chiang Mai has copy-Mc Muffins that are pretty good and buttermilk pancakes as well! :o

UG, where's SoJo's? I'm gonna need some hangover food on Sunday, if the wife is feeling accomodating on Saturday. :D

Really near McDonalds!

Stay on Chang Klan road till you come to Panthip plaza on the right and it is on the other side of the soi that runs BEHIND Panthip Plaze to Thapae road (near SuriWong Books).

I went into a 7Eleven in Thailand and was given 750 Baht Change from the 500 Baht note I had handed over, my purchase was 150 baht, it should have been 350, but she mistakenly gave me a 500 Baht note and 2 x 100 Baht + 50 Baht.

I stood there and asked her if my change was right, she could see no problem, I pointed out that she had given me 400 Baht too much.....................She was really happy and very appreciative, she would have had to make up the shortage out of her own money.

Many times in Thailand I have been given too much money in the change, does that mean that ALL Thai's give money away to Farangs ?

It's just a mistake, same as it's a mistake in any country in the world, yes, even Farang countries!

Edited by Creeper

You can't defend them so you change the subject. :D

Sounds more like you can't answer a simple question. What are you afraid of? Failed life back home? Bitter because you haven't done any better here?

Moderators should really refrain from acting like a dick.

I agree. :o

Looks like this Unknown Poster is one of the legion of the Banned.

I stood there and asked her if my change was right, she could see no problem, I pointed out that she had given me 400 Baht too much.....................She was really happy and very appreciative, she would have had to make up the shortage out of her own money.

Many times in Thailand I have been given too much money in the change, does that mean that ALL Thai's give money away to Farangs ?

It's just a mistake, same as it's a mistake in any country in the world, yes, even Farang countries!

I work in my own shop and sometimes make mistakes when giving change - usually in the customers favor. It is not impossible for a Thai person to make a mistake when handling money with no evil intentions. :o

On a more important note, I'm gonna see if UG and me can pester the CM McD's (which delivers) enough to get the breakfast menu up here soon. I'll have to keep it down at the TV BBQ, though. Hard to lobby people at a real BBQ to get geared up about McMuffins, as much as I love 'em.
I'm going to bother the McDonald's staff in CM every single day until they came across with the Egg Mcmuffins! :D

Until McBreakfast does establish itself in CM, you guys can recreate your own near-perfect reproduction of the McMuffin by combining these two ingredients yourself:

post-9005-1187323846.jpgpost-9005-1187323856.jpg

:o

We used to argue at work in the morning about who would go pick up a few "gaskets" for breakfast. :D

Morals, ethics and shame are not Thai traits.

Just the way it is.

You aren't meeting the right Thais then.

Been here a long time cdnvic, been in business, married, have lots of experiences with Thais. More than most I assume.

I've met thousands. The list of Thai I consider trustworthy is very small.

Why would you stay in a country like that?

What percentage of Thais do you think have high moral standards?

Better yet, ask some Thais if they feel locals are trustworthy.

As a Thai (born and raised in BKK). I have to say from my own experiences.

May be I'm not meeting the right Thais. Or may be I'm the type that too naive.

On my annual visiting LOS, I usually spend most of my time with relatives, old friends from grades schools and college. I always have to pay more than any one in my group for the same things or the same services. Their excuse is because I live in the US, earn in USD, they work in TL and earn much much less in BAHT. What they said is true, therefore I let it goes for years.

This practice becomes a norm among us as long as I willing to foot an extra costs.

But there is one anoying me why is that they don't like to give back your changes. I fine this a bit odd consider even a household helper, when you ask her to fetch something from the store, she would put back the change along with the stuff I ask her to buy and I always tip her generously. But that was not the case with the friends or relatives whom you hang around with. They just put in their pocket. I try not to hand them 1000BT note to avoid this unfaverite encounter. I only use credit card to pay for airfare and hotel room nothing else ( a victim of credid card fraud, that's it).

It took years to loose trust in them. We have a ritual every time when I'm in BKK, we would rent a van ( 9 seats passenger) with a driver. Every time they would tell me how much it costs then I would pay out at what they told me. I found myself paying the going rates ( 250-400 baht) more than the year before. Inflation?

Then one day my cousin (lives in the US) took her family to BKK, and renting a van and a driver to go to Chieng Mai for a week in Jan '07. When I heard she told me how much it costed her, I couldn't believe how cheap it was, :D I had to ask her to repeat..... " the van was 1500 BH, the driver was 500BH ", so it costed her 2000BT a day plus 300BT tip for the driver. That was the same rates I paid 5 years ago. :D:o:D:D

Sorry, it's a little long post, so I'm not going to tell a lot of things that cause me to loose faith in some Thais.

That's the reason I bought a house and retired in Florida 4 years ago. They always wonder why don't I move back and retired here since they all know I bought a land in 1993 (actually bought from one of the friends in this group) for my retirement.

Just the way it is.

Been here a long time cdnvic, been in business, married, have lots of experiences with Thais. More than most I assume.

On my annual visiting LOS, I usually spend most of my time with relatives, old friends from grades schools and college. I always have to pay more than any one in my group for the same things or the same services. Their excuse is because I live in the US, earn in USD, they work in TL and earn much much less in BAHT. What they said is true, therefore I let it goes for years.

This practice becomes a norm among us as long as I willing to foot an extra costs.

But there is one anoying me why is that they don't like to give back your changes. I fine this a bit odd consider even a household helper, when you ask her to fetch something from the store, she would put back the change along with the stuff I ask her to buy and I always tip her generously. But that was not the case with the friends or relatives whom you hang around with. They just put in their pocket. I try not to hand them 1000BT note to avoid this unfaverite encounter. I only use credit card to pay for airfare and hotel room nothing else ( a victim of credid card fraud, that's it).

It took years to loose trust in them. We have a ritual every time when I'm in BKK, we would rent a van ( 9 seats passenger) with a driver. Every time they would tell me how much it costs then I would pay out at what they told me. I found myself paying the going rates ( 250-400 baht) more than the year before. Inflation?

Then one day my cousin (lives in the US) took her family to BKK, and renting a van and a driver to go to Chieng Mai for a week in Jan '07. When I heard she told me how much it costed her, I couldn't believe how cheap it was, :D I had to ask her to repeat..... " the van was 1500 BH, the driver was 500BH ", so it costed her 2000BT a day plus 300BT tip for the driver. That was the same rates I paid 5 years ago. :D:o:D:D

Sorry, it's a little long post, so I'm not going to tell a lot of things that cause me to loose faith in some Thais.

That's the reason I bought a house and retired in Florida 4 years ago. They always wonder why don't I move back and retired here since they all know I bought a land in 1993 (actually bought from one of the friends in this group) for my retirement.

If you don't like it, go home!

The people who work at McDonalds, just about anywhere on earth, are not often going to be PhD's in mathematics. Put more simply, their employees (anywhere) can't count and certainly can't think. Why do you think they work at McDonalds and not the investment bank down the street?

I remember going through a McD drive-through and the bill was $6.60 or some such thing. I passed over $11.60 because I wanted to get a single $5 bill back instead of three $1 bills and a hand full of change. The McD cashiere takes the money, and said "What do I look like, a calculator?" She didn't really expect an answer, and you don't get snappy with people who are about to handle your food, but I did think to myself "No, you don't look like much of a calculator at all....."

Has anyone considered that the original poster may be trolling for entertainment?

:o

kenk3z

Has anyone considered that the original poster may be trolling for entertainment?

One would certainly hope so.

The question is, what are you doing eating at McD to begin with?? In Thailand??? Are you serious? :o

dave

It's called addiction. McDonalds didn't become the most successful restuarant chain in the world for nothing.

I must admit that after consuming Thai food for a while, the body screams out for other more familiar foods...and the bowels are thankful for the break. :D

One would certainly hope so.

The question is, what are you doing eating at McD to begin with?? In Thailand??? Are you serious? :D

dave

Even complete imbeciles must get bored of Thai food sometimes. :o

Just the way it is.

You were born and raised in Thailand but not live.

And I agree you are not meeting the right ppl.

Edited by LookSaMoon