Missing File Function

RueFang

Help please!!! My "File" function from the top menu bar in MS Office Word is missing. It was there this morning but for some reason I now only have Edit; View; Insert; Format; Tools; Table; Window; Help. The only thing I did different today was download Spybot and run a scan. Surely this has nothing to do with it though??

I bought my comp here in Thailand... I can't reinstall the program as it's not genuine (no I didn't know that at the time of purchase). Please, if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I've never in my life had or seen this problem before...where did it go????

Guest Reimar
Help please!!! My "File" function from the top menu bar in MS Office Word is missing. It was there this morning but for some reason I now only have Edit; View; Insert; Format; Tools; Table; Window; Help. The only thing I did different today was download Spybot and run a scan. Surely this has nothing to do with it though??

I bought my comp here in Thailand... I can't reinstall the program as it's not genuine (no I didn't know that at the time of purchase). Please, if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I've never in my life had or seen this problem before...where did it go????

Which Office or Word version you use?

Guest Reimar

If you've the CD, start the setup fropm the CD and than select to repair. Otherwise you need a complete new installation.

The only thing I removed was a couple of spyware programs keeping track of my internet searches. On start up I also set a recovery point which seems to have disappeared.

I don't have the CD because it's dodgy Thai purchase and I didn't know better at the time!