"real" Budget Accomodation?

staffbull

In a rush to find the cheapest accomodation in Phuket. Is there anything around or less than 300 Baht ? I plan to be there 1-4 weeks. My main concern would be security, my only valuable possesion would be my surfboard. Dorm, shared room, local homestays, etc. are all acceptable. Need to make contacts as soon as possible, planning on being there end of August.

Thanks

In a rush to find the cheapest accomodation in Phuket. Is there anything around or less than 300 Baht ? I plan to be there 1-4 weeks. My main concern would be security, my only valuable possesion would be my surfboard. Dorm, shared room, local homestays, etc. are all acceptable. Need to make contacts as soon as possible, planning on being there end of August.

Thanks

There are cheap places as this is low season.

If you want Karon try www.pineapplephuket.com

Blatant plug but fan rooms with en suite facilities are within your budget.

probably not the area you're looking for but nice rooms (aircon, cable tv, hot water, key card, security guard) in Phuket Town can be had for around 400-500 baht per night, often with weekly rates available too. these can be found in apartment buildings (sometimes called "mansions" - don't ask my why) that are usually rented on a monthly basis for around 4,000 - 5,000 baht.

How cheap do you want and where do you want it?

The infamous 'On On' hotel in Phuket town used to do fan rooms for B180.

Probably gone up to about B200 now.

I've stayed there a couple of times - it's en-suite, right in the centre of town, reasonably secure and you can even sleep in the 'De Caprio' suite for no extra cost. (It was used as the sh1t house hotel in The Beach)

If you want to stay on one of the beaches, or want TV and aircon then it's going to cost you more - obviously.

Baan ton sai right in Patong with a pool can be had for 8k for the rough rooms..

Erics Guesthouse also with pool and cable and maid service / linen for that kind of money.

Vises Hotel again same.

You can get a nice clean large AC room with pool for many places on Nanai Rd for 500 a night at this time. Thats night by night..