Doggy And Moggy Names

Here where i live in Swiss land i met a guy with a rather large dog. The guy did not speak a word of english, just french, so i asked him what was the name of the dog that could give you a shower with one lick and he replied <deleted>. I had him repeat the name a few times and asked him if he knew what it meant and he innocently said no. He was not upset when i explained the name to him.

Anyway, my purr fur balls are called Saturna and See u Jimmy. What about yours?

Josey(dog), Nark(bitch), Jindah(bitch and mother of ..),Pandah(bitch),Charky(dog),Meow(cat) :o

We used to give our pigs and wild boar names as well, but it was getting out of hand.Couldn't tell a Pinky from a Perky.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

Our whippet Bitch is called Cali, Our Cat is called Bastard, must admit have to be careful calling him in night :o Nignoy

LOL

Mutzi

Wolli

Strolchi

Zitterinchen

Tiger

When I got a big fat puppy that was going to be very big I called her Baloo. When I got a black cat I called him Baghira. Then I adopted a cat without name that was left behind by somebody without knowing its name. I smiled when I got his papers: his name was Mogli!

Hi Patsy,

Well you know about my lovely Cookie the Golden.

This week we acquired 2 Shih Tzu puppies, 3 months and 7 months. Two little balls of fluff.

Cookie was quite jealous for the first day or so, but now they get along fine, and sometimes the two pups curl up on Cookie's tummy.

Right now, the 3 month old is gnawing away at Cookie's huge bone (almost as big as the pup) and cookie just lies there staring at him, benignly.

Oh .. the names.... :o

Somchai (7 months) and Yoghurt (3 months)

Cookie, Somchai, and Yoghurt - my 3 little children, lying at my feet, as I sit out on my terrace, watching the footie and make this post on my note book. :D

Gosh, have you got a private jet??

My wee cat Jimmy went AWOL for two days and I went ballistic. The neighbours had seen him but I hadn't. Came home last night in a taxi at 3 in the morning and there he was waiting for me, rolling around and being extremely affectionate - so i guess i am not such a bad mama. I am feeling very much more relaxed on this lazy sunday afternoon!! And on Tuesday I am getting a cat ladder installed so he can come and go as he pleases, saves me jumping up and down to look out the window or for my neighbour to ring my door bell.

Edited by Patsycat

here some of my dogs names

jong

pui

ning

sam

pinky

striezi

bogart

madam

samba

honey

faa

fon

chaya

lisi

chaplin

princie

teddy

ringo

chichi

poen

momo

blue

boomer

baer

flashy

bijou

pueppi

coco

bambi

and some cats names

sheila

simba

missi

dandy

diva

queenie

tadam

olly

baby

linti

dot

mini

jumbo

and so on... :D:o:D

Edited by elfe

here some of my dogs names

jong

pui

ning

sam

pinky

striezi

bogart

madam

samba

honey

faa

fon

chaya

lisi

chaplin

princie

teddy

ringo

chichi

poen

momo

blue

boomer

baer

flashy

bijou

pueppi

coco

bambi

and some cats names

sheila

simba

missi

dandy

diva

queenie

tadam

olly

baby

linti

dot

mini

jumbo

and so on... :D:o:D

wow ,thats a lot of dog food and poo

famous felines that I have known...

Delphi, as in the oracle, named by her previous feminist owner...however, she was so human as to be crazy, hence, she became psychoCAT...

then there was fuzzCAT; a nameless ball of fluff that came to live with us from our neighbor's...she was quite fuzzy...

when addressing my feline friends I use a low growl in an accusatory manner and punctuate everything with '...you CAT'...that way there is no doubt as to the addressee...you gots to keep them critters in line...no joy with the feral degenerates that populate my neighborhood in Suphan...

The cat who owns me is named Scully. The way she got her name was that around the time I found her (abandoned) one of my Cambodian nephews was suffering from an auto-immune kidney disease and staying with me for treatment in Thailand. He was sick enough not to be able to go out or do much but not so sick as to stay in bed. So basically this then 16 year old kid had nothing to do but watch my videos all day. I am an X-files fan and have all 9 seasons, so this Cambodian kid, who speaks no English, watched all of them. I wondered what on earth, given the language and cultural barrier, he would make of it all. Turned out what he made of it was that Agent Scully was hot. So when I acquired the cat, whose fur was the same color as Agent Scully's hair, he christened her Scully.

A few years later his older brother married and had a son whom the family then named...Mulder. (seriously!). So we now have a Mulder and a Scully in the family.

After getting Scully I took in a fabulous and very strong-willed tortoiseshell whom I named Xena (as in Warrior Princess) both for her temperment and coloring. Scully and Xena immediately commenced a battle unto the death so I gave Xena to a friend in Phnom Penh, where she now reigns supreme over a three story villa.

Then came Sheba, a beautiful white oriental ("Khao Manee") and her three kittens, Sweetie, Naughty and Scaredy. Sheba named for her Queenly bearing and beauty (and love of comfort), the kittens for their characters. Sheba likewise went to battle with Scully and was homed elsewhere, as where her kittens, altho I sort of foster Naughty and Scaredy still as they live with a Thai neighbor and I buy their food and pay the vet bills (and in return have visitation rights!)

On to dogs..my Chihuahua, given to me by my Cambodian family, is named Kadan, which means deer in Cambodian and Thai, as he looks just like a miniature deer.

My niece named her Pomeranian "King" because she acquired him as a seriously ill pup given little hope by the vet and thought the name would bring him strength. After locals told us they found it disrespectful, we changed it "Kingking" which seems to be fine with the Thais and also has a nice ring to it.

So that's the crew: Scully and Kadan with me fulltime, Kingking on weekends, and enduring ties to Xena, Sheba, Naughty and Scaredy. Sweetie alas has passed on.

Edited by Sheryl

I currently have 4 dogs, Scruffy, the sole male, Sheba (named after the Queen of Sheba not the cat food :o ), Tigger (tiger striped dog) and Fuzzy (fuzzy ridgeback), all females.

Sheba, Tigger and Fuzzy are sisters and were dumped on the road behind our house as puppies.

Well didn't get the cat ladder cos i had no cash to pay the guy - so it shall be installed next wednesday. Oh, well only another week of keeping my bat ears waiting to hear a pathetic little meouw from below the window, or a faint from hunger scratch at the door.....

Now that was wierd, i just opened the window and lo and behold... must be telepathy or catepathy or whatever!!

Edited by Patsycat

An ordinary ladder. My cat asks me to bring a ladder whenever she wants to go up in the roof. (She meows and looks up at the roof to tell me.) I bring ladder, up she goes. When she's ready to come down she calls to me again.

As Patsycat knows, the purpose of human life is to make cats happy, and part of that involves serving as doormen/ladder-keeps!