Moving To Bkk - Need Visa Advise

American

age 40

with about 10 million baht

plan:

buy a condo in bangkok and take it easy.

I am too young to get retirement visa but may do so at age 50.

In the meantime:

should i get multiple tourist re-entry visas and re-enter the country every 60 days?

should i get border stamps and re-entry every 30 days?

should i get a work permit? (i dont want to work) maybe start a business teaching english with a sign out front.... but never get any students... oh well....

should i get non-immigrant visa?

I want to stay legal. Id prefer to minimize having to make visa runs, but also dont want to be killed with paper work or fees.

experts... your suggestions... thanks in advance.

A 3 million baht investment visa sounds like what you need. You can talk with immigration (Bangkok) about it. Can be money in an account here or in the form of condo purchase (but must meet requirements so you need to plan that).

thanks lopburi3... that sounds like my best option. does the 1 year visa mean i only have to leave once a year?

(as stated im looking to minimize having to do visa runs, i dont know why someone thinks i posted to do visa runs every 30 days)

thanks

thanks lopburi3... that sounds like my best option. does the 1 year visa mean i only have to leave once a year?

(as stated im looking to minimize having to do visa runs, i dont know why someone thinks i posted to do visa runs every 30 days)

thanks

No need to leave Thailand at all. Condo must be new.

I think you must be 55 to get a retirement visa

It is now age 50 for a long stay for retirement extension. Used to be 55 and 60 with different rules but now 50 with 800k for all (except those grandfather ed).