Are You The Ones Deciding?

Bluecat

In most of the relationships, the girls are taking the pill and the men, well, rely on the girls for birth control.

Do you feel it is fair?

Do you ask your partner to wear condoms?

Or is it only you "in control" of the situation,... :o

Children were something my hub & I discussed fairly early in our realtionship as for him it was an important part of our future together. Personally I hadn't really considered it but knew that I wanted them some time "in the future". My only concern was his desire for 4 kids so I told him I'd have one & then he could have a mia noi for the others :D Joking, but after a lot of discussion we have happily settled on 2 but at this time in our lives we are just letting nature decide as neither of us are getting any younger :D

Birth control was never a problem in the beginning as I had had some problems with the pill so it was the old red letters or no nookie at all :D What would you do? :D

I personally never liked the idea of the male pill as I think with regards to babies it has to be the womens responsibility, she's the one who has to carry it around for 9 months, it changes her whole skeletal structure & causes her hormones to go on a rollercoster, so fair, no, but being the one in control, most definately, yes :o

Well, in my case my wife prefers to take those birth control pills rather than me wearing "plastic". I'm okay with either one.

We decided that it's not time yet to have a baby as we are still trying to stabillize our life first. We are looking at another year before having one.

Explorer :o

I'm not married yet. But there were times when Darling talked like it was on his plans. So we've discussed children. Now I know I do want babies. But he's not so sure about it. He always wore condoms as it's easier for both of us and I was too lazy to remember to take the pills.

Oh <deleted>.. am I going to be bashed for having sex before getting married? :o

Oh <deleted>.. am I going to be bashed for having sex before getting married? :D

Not by me. Over the years I did study the effects of pre-, intra- and extra-marrital sex in and out of Thailand.

The final finding, no difference at all, so no bashing. :o

I'm not married yet. But there were times when Darling talked like it was on his plans. So we've discussed children. Now I know I do want babies. But he's not so sure about it. He always wore condoms as it's easier for both of us and I was too lazy to remember to take the pills.

Oh <deleted>.. am I going to be bashed for having sex before getting married? :D

Oh God Elsie ... you didn't did you ? :o

I agree with Boo on this one, it's my body and I am the only person who is responsible for it. Ultimately, it is the woman who takes care of the child.

I have always taken bc pills (luckily for me I have had no problems with them). Before marriage as well (never fear about bashing about that on this forum, we are all in the same boat :o )

as after. Used a condom at the beginning but, after 15 years of marriage, if I can't trust him now then we shouldn't be married. If I were single I would insist on a condom as well, just for the STD protection if nothing else.

We don't have kids, don't plan on having them but my husband is fairly old fashioned and very squeamish about the vasectomy idea. Besides, they aren't always 100% effective. Scary thought!

Axel Posted on Sat 2004-07-24, 18:19:06

Not by me. Over the years I did study the effects of pre-, intra- and extra-marrital sex in and out of Thailand.

The final finding, no difference at all, so no bashing. 

:o

sbk Posted on Sun 2004-07-25, 03:38:49

We don't have kids, don't plan on having them but my husband is fairly old fashioned and very squeamish about the vasectomy idea. Besides, they aren't always 100% effective. Scary thought!

Very scary, sbk :D It's good though that you & your husband have the same thoughts about it :D

I've always had the view that it's not an exact science & thats why we have just said, sod it, let nature take it's course cause the amount of people I know who put it off for years & then were ready (financially, emotionally, whatever reason) all of a sudden found out that there was a problem & that they couldn't have kids & it's devestated them. :D So at least this way (if it's not happened in the next year or two), I can find out fairly early on & hopefully do something about it, fingers crossed :o

Edited by Boo

Yes, boo, I've got an unusual one, he doesn't want kids. His cousin said it was lucky he married a farang because a Thai wife generally wouldn't understand or agree. Me, I am easy either way. He doesn't want kids so that is ok with me. I've always felt that you should have children because you have a need to have one, a desire. I don't particularly feel that burning need to have one. I like kids, enjoy their company and get along well with them. I communicate well with children and would probably be a pretty good mother. But, like I said, he doesn't want them and my biological clock seems to have disappeared. I don't feel like my life is missing a piece because I don't have kids. After seeing so many mothers & fathers who have children and then don't seem to want them, I firmly believe a person should have children because they have a deep seated desire to do so.

I couldn't agree with your last comment more sbk, unfortunately, so many people seem to think it's something they should do, instead of listening to their innerself more or using a better form of birth control instead of the pray it doesn't happen method :o . Maybe then there wouldn't be so many kids in orphanges & childrens homes around the world.

p,s, thats another option for me too,have one & adopt one, hubbys coming round to the idea but with a bit more persuasion....:D

Oh God Elsie ... you didn't did you ? :o

Oh God Doc ... you know me better than that, don't you? :D

Cheers Axel. Very nice to hear that. I posted it and then realised this's Farang Girls section. So, I should be fine in here. :D

instead of listening to their innerself more or using a better form of birth control instead of the pray it doesn't happen method

Do you know the biscuit box method, Boo?

Works only if you're partner is taller.

You put you girlfriend on a biscuit box while you (the boy) is standing on the floor.

A bit akward but not impossible.

When you husband/partner is ready to release his millions potential babies, he just knock the box and the girl goes down.

Works each time,... :D:o

• 4 months later...

I don't take hormonal contraception just because of the emotional roller coaster. And because I'm convinced it works my making me never in the mood for sex.

Any partner who complains I explain that there's condoms or no interest :D Usually deal with it pretty fast :o

• 4 weeks later...
I don't take hormonal contraception just because of the emotional roller coaster.  And because I'm convinced it works my making me never in the mood for sex.

Any partner who complains I explain that there's condoms or no interest :D  Usually deal with it pretty fast :o

Heh, I saw this post and didn't remember posting it. Instantly felt less alone :D

I don't take hormonal contraception just because of the emotional roller coaster.  And because I'm convinced it works my making me never in the mood for sex.

Any partner who complains I explain that there's condoms or no interest :D  Usually deal with it pretty fast :o

Heh, I saw this post and didn't remember posting it. Instantly felt less alone :D

It could be the drink :D

i ike that topic because it is topic around the world and always in the same discussion

who likes to have the fun has to take care about his/her resposibility as same

so if i just have something like sex with someone for sure i will use plastic and if i am in a relationship it is also my point to take care and on top to be sure it is also her point

i concern more about HIV or something else than about a baby even if i don't want to be a father so i decide a temporaly solution with my doctor but i will not tell every lovely one about it

there are some many nice ways of playing and having fun for both and it is not the only final shot which makes me succesful

and believe me we both me and my lady have really a lot of fun already around the world in many wild games

so take a shot for the go and lik her well to the heaven