Hey!

Creeper

I am refering to Corkscrews post a while ago.....

He bought his wife a S600 Benz and quite a few posters have slated him for telling this on a thread here.

This is a Motoring thread, and an S 600 is a motor.

If he had bought his wife a Toyota Yaris or a Honda Jazz and posted it here, there would not have been any negative posts.

So why should there be negative posts cos its's a Benz?

If you think it's extravagent and wasteful, then that's your own problem, cos of course, I'm quite sure if you was rich , you would be running around in the cheapest car available........................I don't think so!

Give the guy a break.

I would love someone to buy me a Benz!! :o

Nah, it's (nearly) all friendly ragging, Corky loves to show off his motors, we love to give the lucky b@stard a hard time.

Jealous, of course I am (but I'd never buy a Benz, go to Brussels, they're just taxis there) :o

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. If you want a new toy and can afford it, go for it. I like toys too, but cars are not on my favorite list. I'd much rather drive my old pickup than a car. My wife thinks I'm crazy for buying a 500,000 baht four wheel drive diesel Yanmar tractor. What do I do with it? I play with it and I enjoy it.

Agreed...if Corky can afford a Benz and wants to drive one, then it's ok. Personally, I think Benz is a poor choice for BKK..these cars are made to be driven on wide, open roads (like the Autobon) and are hard to negotiate small sois with. In addition to this, the parts will kill you financially and their distribution isn't as good as the Japanese models. Plus, the prices on the new Benz's are outrageous. In the States, you could buy one for about 2/3 of what it would cost here.

Agreed...if Corky can afford a Benz and wants to drive one, then it's ok. Personally, I think Benz is a poor choice for BKK..these cars are made to be driven on wide, open roads (like the Autobon) and are hard to negotiate small sois with. In addition to this, the parts will kill you financially and their distribution isn't as good as the Japanese models. Plus, the prices on the new Benz's are outrageous. In the States, you could buy one for about 2/3 of what it would cost here.

A Benz?, better off with an Audi - built like a Mercedes.......used to be :D

Jealous. me? yes :o

Anyone know which section I should post my query about a Swimming Pool. An indoor one. In an apartment :D

That they area, but who gives a smeg if you're worth several hundred million? And if Corkscrew is then kudos to the lad :o

Edited by jackr

After i say I do to the condo, Can i hv mini cooper? :D

he bought the benz cos he can ,good luck to him.........

what are u talking about?

I hv no problem with mrs Corkscrew getting a nice new benz.

TigerLily

sorry tiger lily ,just posted it ,didnt mean to attach it to your post ,sorry.. :o

After i say I do to the condo, Can i hv mini cooper? :D

he bought the benz cos he can ,good luck to him.........

what are u talking about?

I hv no problem with mrs Corkscrew getting a nice new benz.

TigerLily

sorry tiger lily ,just posted it ,didnt mean to attach it to your post ,sorry.. :o

:D:D

Edited by TigerLily