Money Transfer System

Recently there have been banner ads for 'iKobo' on TV. After perusing their info & waiting a week for a reply to faxes & emails, it turns out this is really only any good if you are from the US or have US based bank accounts to feed it.

Whatever you deposit from your homeland is converted to USD until it's used, then from USD to THB (or whatever).Playing the markets right & it *could* be a reasonable deal. From Oz, it's probably not so good.

XE run a similar system, with conversions to & from Canadian $ to THB.

The lowest fees I've found here for transfers are (AUD) $20 each time - with so-so exchange rates, or $5 per withdrawl + conversion fees in hand with not-so-hot exchange rates.

How is it elsewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pgs,I use mecu bank,I have a visa debit card with them.I leave my card with Thai g/f and deposit money into it from Aust. She uses atm to withdraw money in Thailand , she can only take out what is in account and no more.I ring her when money is in account and tell her how much to withdraw.It costs three doolars per transaction.I try to limit to one withdrawal per month and the baht rate is the rate that day.

Thommo. :o