Why No Coffee Bean In Bangkok?

maxelchey

I used to live in Santa Monica and had my daily coffee (two shots large cappuccino) at the coffee bean down my street, it's so much better than starbuck, it is made from real coffee and with better machines... and has a much better ambiance!

Coffee bean are everywhere in Asia, Singapore and Malaysia they outnumber Starbucks, so stop opening starbuck at every corner on every floor of every mall and bring us some real coffee... Miss my Coffee bean, am i the only one? :o

If you guys want real coffee, look no further than the Black Canyon coffee shops. They have 16 locations in Bangkok.

Peter

Rewind just over a year. Polecat on his way to Singapore for work. Hangs around Don Mueang departure gate. Spots Black Canyon outlet and drools over good coffee drunk in their Chiang Mai cafes. Polecat orders iced coffee and watches waiter pick up a jug of pre-prepared slop form counter and pour into foam cup. Polecat looks at drink nervously but hands over in excess of 100 baht. Polecat drinks. Polecat feels nauseous. Polecat never goes to Black Canyon again.

You're in a different country now. Realize that you will not have all the same restaurants, cafes, etc. as in Santa Monica. Also, there is Black Canyon, and there are many other local and international coffee shops in Bangkok besides Starbucks. You should be able to find one that fits your fancy, even if it's coffee bought from a coffee stall on the street. Many foreigners have grown fond of Thai-style coffee.