Type O Visa And Type O - Marriage Visa

Just spoke to The Thai Consulate in Hull, very helpful, it seems I can get a 1 year Type o - Marriage visa very easy then do the visa run every 90 days then 2 days before the end of the visa do another run to give me another 90 days then post my pasport back to the UK to a family or friend who will then post it to the Thai Consulate in Hull and get another 1 year visa then get it posted back to Thailand via DHL or similar, although I'm sure somebody somewhere has already posted this, if not I hope this helps.

Just spoke to The Thai Consulate in Hull, very helpful, it seems I can get a 1 year Type o - Marriage visa very easy then do the visa run every 90 days then 2 days before the end of the visa do another run to give me another 90 days then post my pasport back to the UK to a family or friend who will then post it to the Thai Consulate in Hull and get another 1 year visa then get it posted back to Thailand via DHL or similar, although I'm sure somebody somewhere has already posted this, if not I hope this helps.

What happens if you get stopped and they want to see you passport?

It is illegal to post your passport out of the country for a visa.

//moved to visas section//

Thats right . It is very wrong to give illegal information to the Op .

If it was like that , I assume everybody would love not having to run to their homecountries or third country anymore.

Its bending the rules .

then post my pasport back to the UK to a family or friend who will then post it to the Thai Consulate in Hull and get another 1 year visa then get it posted back to Thailand via DHL or similar,

As others have noted, do not do this under any circumstances. You may get away with it if you have two passports but you'd still have to do an air border run to swap PPs (can't swap at land crossings).

At least one poster had his visa (obtained in this way) spotted by immigration officials and cancelled, money wasted.

If you are entitled to a visa on the grounds of marriage there are several 'local' consulates where you can get a new one, or (assuming you can demonstrate an income of 40,000 Baht per month) you can extend in-country.