New Years Eve

stucar

Hi all

Long time since I have be on here, thanks again for all the good advice that I have had, I am coming over hopefully the 28th december, arrive bangkok, to make my way to hau hin, looking to relocate there( so warn the local estate agents) now what i was wondering is new years eve, should i spend it in bangkok, or hau hin, is much happening there? do the locals celebrate? I will be on my own :o and not a great party animal anymore, well I am 47 hahaha,

have not booked any accomodation as yet always a last minute person, hope it is not fully booked, I wil be on a budget :D , as usual,

Have heard about a mini van that goes from bangkok to hh is this any good and is it easy to find the pick up point, bearing in mind I have never been in bangkok before, and will be either shattered, from the flight arr 9.30am or very hung over if i stay for the new year, or would train be better?

Ok... Never been to Hua Hin or Bangkok for the new year celebration but as I understand it is celebrated with some enthusiasm, I suppose wherever there are Farangs New Year/Christmas etc will be celebrated.

As for the minibus... I know that they leave from the Victory Monument, not sure about timings, maybe they just leave when full, I've not used them myself but a good friend of mine who is a teacher in Bangkok uses them all the time, not sure of the price but I think he said around bt120-bt200 , I'll try and get more details.

Are you sure about not booking ahead... reason I say this is that if you book now you may get a better rate than if you just walk into a hotel/ Guest house, as it will be busy during xmas/new year they will put their prices up. If you want some ideas of where to stay let me know, need to know budget etc..

Always have a good time in HH and know from others that have been there over new year that it's a good party, I reckon the guys at the Johnny Walker Bar will be having a good one, I am going to try and be there myself, GF permitting :o

Oh... Getting to The Victory Monument is easy, has a station on the BTS

Totster