The Fantastic Weather Of Isaan.

Tilapia

Hi fellow farangs of Isaan.

I have with sadness seen some small disputes over weather postings on the Buri-Ram forum, me as being an all-round farmer, the weather is very important to me, but since I live here full time, I can just look up at the sky and see what is comming. However the guys abroad cant do that, so what about if some of people from all over Isaan (it is a quite big area) posted a local weather-repport on this forum, then evrybody interested would know that this is the place for a detailed update of the weather in Isaan.

Last night (or morning) 3am I was woken by a thunder so loud that I almost fell out of the bed, the first thing there went thru my head was power-cut, and several tons of dead fish :o , so with nothing on (except my birth-suit) I ran down to start the generator, because from past experince I knew that my workers wouldent wake up by the thunder. From my house to the generator is about 150 meters, me in flip-flops rain pissing down and the dogs chasing me as well, they had never seen me in that outfit before. Strangely enough, the dogs barking woke up one of the workers, so he came out to see what was going on......need-lees to say that he got himself a big laugh when he saw me.. :D

Regards

Last night (or morning) 3am I was woken by a thunder so loud that I almost fell out of the bed, the first thing there went thru my head was power-cut, and several tons of dead fish :D , so with nothing on (except my birth-suit) I ran down to start the generator, because from past experince I knew that my workers wouldent wake up by the thunder. From my house to the generator is about 150 meters, me in flip-flops rain pissing down and the dogs chasing me as well, they had never seen me in that outfit before. Strangely enough, the dogs barking woke up one of the workers, so he came out to see what was going on......need-lees to say that he got himself a big laugh when he saw me.. :D

Regards

:o Wow, you must love those fish running around naked in a thunder storm. I just hope your lightning rod wasn't extended to far up!!

We had a very violent storm here, but it started around midnight and we didn't get the power back until 6am. For me, thankfully, the most important powered item we have is the fridge. So candles and the gas rings are Ok temporarily.

Don't you find that the rainfall can be very localised though, it's been raining over us on and off for the last 3 days, 10km up the road, nothing.

I agree with you, the weather forecast for the general Buriram area can be very misleading, but even narrowing it down to individual towns, most times isn't much better.

The weather is quite strange here. We had built some new rice paddies and one day it rained really hard. The small farm nearest our house had at least 3 inches of rain. The other small farm with the new paddies is less than a kilometer away. My wife was anxious to see how level they had made the paddies. We went over there and the ground was hardly wet.

Since then we have had some hard rains and the new paddies are NOT level. They will need some rework. :o

Last night (or morning) 3am I was woken by a thunder so loud that I almost fell out of the bed, the first thing there went thru my head was power-cut, and several tons of dead fish :D , so with nothing on (except my birth-suit) I ran down to start the generator, because from past experince I knew that my workers wouldent wake up by the thunder. From my house to the generator is about 150 meters, me in flip-flops rain pissing down and the dogs chasing me as well, they had never seen me in that outfit before. Strangely enough, the dogs barking woke up one of the workers, so he came out to see what was going on......need-lees to say that he got himself a big laugh when he saw me.. :D

Regards

:o Wow, you must love those fish running around naked in a thunder storm. I just hope your lightning rod wasn't extended to far up!!

Nope, but I did trip over it a few times... :D

Regards

We had a very violent storm here, but it started around midnight and we didn't get the power back until 6am. For me, thankfully, the most important powered item we have is the fridge. So candles and the gas rings are Ok temporarily.

Don't you find that the rainfall can be very localised though, it's been raining over us on and off for the last 3 days, 10km up the road, nothing.

I agree with you, the weather forecast for the general Buriram area can be very misleading, but even narrowing it down to individual towns, most times isn't much better.

Agree 100%, the weather this year is very weird, the rain and strong winds comes in very narrow places, and with high speed as well, we had storm damage twice this year on the farm...and speaking of rain, it's pissing down again.... my fish will drown... :o

Tilapia, I'm sure the fish thank you also (until harvest time anyway). Maybe next time, put on a rain coat. Funny story!

The weather updates are appreciated, although as others have said, the rain seems to be very scattered, some places are getting it and others not. At least that is what I hear when I call Buriram. The local feeling is, some villages are lucky and others not if they don't get rain. Not sure how much to read into that if anything (superstition).

I've also been looking at the accu weather site to get Buriram weather information, is that a good site or better ones available? I do like that they put in what they call a "Real Feel" temperature, since it takes into consideration, not only the temperature, but the humidity and probably gives a better indication of what it is like.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-for...03%7CBuriram%7C

I think I was the instigator of "disputes" about weather reports in the Buriram thread..................... but despite the fact that I was "booed" out by 1 or 2 people there, I still maintain that there is no need to post a daily weather report as is done in that thread. Have you tried reading the thread???? It must be at least 50 percent weather reports. I have nothing against people talking about the weather, but to post the weather report every single day is - to me - ludicrous!! A link to the weather for that region should be sufficient - anyone wishing to find out what the weather is like can click on the link and.....hey presto... he has it. Or am I totally way out of line with my way of thinking??? :o

I think I was the instigator of "disputes" about weather reports in the Buriram thread..................... but despite the fact that I was "booed" out by 1 or 2 people there, I still maintain that there is no need to post a daily weather report as is done in that thread. Have you tried reading the thread???? It must be at least 50 percent weather reports. I have nothing against people talking about the weather, but to post the weather report every single day is - to me - ludicrous!! A link to the weather for that region should be sufficient - anyone wishing to find out what the weather is like can click on the link and.....hey presto... he has it. Or am I totally way out of line with my way of thinking??? :o

Everybody here has good intensions, but I think that the weather should be keept on a separate forum, for them who are interested in that. This was the reason for making the forum here, and maybe add a story about how the weather affect us or our business/hobby.

Like 2 days ago, I've just spend 8 hours pumping water from a pond, then the da%# rain starts, and we can begin pumping again.... :D

Regards

That was a good link given by mailman.................for Udon Thani have a look at this........................

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-for...0THANI|&u=1

I hope the link works...............(if not, go back to mailman´s post). If you click onto the times given (6am, 8 am etc.) it gives you even more details on rainfall etc. Anyone wanting the exact weather forecast can save the link (other cities are naturally available) in his "favourites" and call up the weather report day and night whenever the need arises.............. :D

Anyhow around Nong Bua Lamphu people whose land is not next to the river are not at all happy at the moment as the drought which prevailed several weeks ago killed off the young plants. My family fortunatley has land next to the Lam Pa Neeyang river so can pump put water from there. At present it´s not too hot at all (at least for the family......with the weather at the moment....it´s not too hot, plenty of rain and the rice is coming along just fine ...... :o

Don't know about anyone else, but I was under the quilt last night, I'm bloody freezing!!!!

Well I normally have the aircon at 21c but last night I had to take it down to 18C......I cant sleep if I dont hear the compressor run.... :o

Regards

Don't know about anyone else, but I was under the quilt last night, I'm bloody freezing!!!!

Same in Roiet. Rained all night and was very cold. Have to admit, it was a nice change from the heat and humidity. I too curled up under the quilt snug as a bug in a rug as they say. Reminiscent of my youth in the great Canadian Northland!!!

Same in Roiet. Rained all night and was very cold. Have to admit, it was a nice change from the heat and humidity. I too curled up under the quilt snug as a bug in a rug as they say. Reminiscent of my youth in the great Canadian Northland!!!

Could you say how many degrees centigrade you had????? I just can´t imagine it being "cold" over there at the moment..... :o

Could you say how many degrees centigrade you had????? I just can´t imagine it being "cold" over there at the moment..... :o

It was really cold!! OK, maybe not Berlin in December cold!! And to be sure we were still 22C to high to consider skating on the pond. But having acclimated to the weather here, like Thaddeus, I was bloody freezing!!!

It was really cold!! OK, maybe not Berlin in December cold!! And to be sure we were still 22C to high to consider skating on the pond. But having acclimated to the weather here, like Thaddeus, I was bloody freezing!!!

I agree that even 22 degrees can feel comparatively "cold" under the wrong conditions..... :D I will never forget the first time I arrived in Nong Bua Lamphu at 04.30 am with my wife..... an overnight bus ride from BKK....we then got a "saam lor" to go the 8 km to Nong Wah Yay ...... and I almost froze to death on the way, despite the blanket that was given to me...........mind you, it was only about 12 degrees at that time........... :D