Is Bangkapi A Great Place To Live?

Hi,

We have thought about moving back to Bangkok. We used to live in the Sathorn/Silom area, but the wife might want to live in Bangkapi this time around.

Is Bangkapi a great place to live?

We are a rather normal farang/thai family with a little girl (2 years old). We will probably need an international nursery for our girl and I wouldn't mind if there were a few other expats in the area.

Thanks, bipbip

Hi,

We have thought about moving back to Bangkok. We used to live in the Sathorn/Silom area, but the wife might want to live in Bangkapi this time around.

Is Bangkapi a great place to live?

We are a rather normal farang/thai family with a little girl (2 years old). We will probably need an international nursery for our girl and I wouldn't mind if there were a few other expats in the area.

Thanks, bipbip

It's a cheap area- places like happyland. It seems very crowded to me and the Mall is definately the worst of the 4 of these centres. Plus it has lots of muslims there, up to you. Nowhere near the standard of sathorn/silom

Hi

I lived there for about a year & loved it.

Never had any trouble or see any muslims (not they bother me).

You can get the boat behind the Mall for 18 baht staight to Nana/World Trade areas 30mins etc. I rented a Two bed house for 7000 a month & it was lovely.

The mall has everything for you & is never over crowded, also the night markets there. Great early morning fish market & some good restaurants. Has a good Blockbuster (ezyvideo i think) video shop near Sinthorn, on Happyland Road. Just pass the Seven there is also i nice couple of bars where a few Farang hang out now & then. One Guy Kevin, say hello for me.

At the top of the Mall theres a big Waterpark, Cinemas, Fitness First +++

I also lived On Nut & Ekamai, i would say that Bangkapi was best out of all. Good value for money, nice people, nice area.

Cheers

I lived out there ten years ago or so. Its a fine place.

Alot of collage students from ?Ramkanghen?

The boat was the best way to town, use to take day trips once a week to town.

By boat about noon, do the shopping, have dinner and grap a taxi after 8pm, no problem with traffic.

My question with the new airport isn't Bangkapi on the flight path??

too crowded with ppl, not good for kids, stick with sathorn or silom area better

or maybe consider renting a house around rama IX, or near assumption university (Ramkamhaeng 24)

which is close to bangkapi too. There are many nice houses for rent over there, reasonable price,

nice air in the morning. For me, bangkapi reminds me life in London or in HK where there are many local markets, crowded of ppl, polution, and etc. You wont like the area for long. Good Luck!