Lao Song Sing By Thai Artists

AiLao

I was at a Manpong shop yesterday and they had a mixed album of 'Lao Hip Hop' music for sale in the mixed compilations section. I would guess teh artists are all Thai.

AiLao - People living in Thailand are unable to access youtube at the moment.

I was at a Manpong shop yesterday and they had a mixed album of 'Lao Hip Hop' music for sale in the mixed compilations section. I would guess teh artists are all Thai.

Would anybody care to explain how some of the different genres of Isaan music like mor lam (Lao = lam), mor lam sing, and luuk thong fit into the overall picture? I have been surprised at the sophistication of the humour in some of the (few) songs friends have helped me properly translate. I like 'Motorsai Haang', for instance.

Would anybody care to explain how some of the different genres of Isaan music like mor lam (Lao = lam), mor lam sing, and luuk thong fit into the overall picture? I have been surprised at the sophistication of the humour in some of the (few) songs friends have helped me properly translate. I like 'Motorsai Haang', for instance.

Here is a good explanation as any I have found:

<removed link>

Edited by Totster
Removed link

Maybe not there is quite a few actual Lao Hip hop groups around.

The sad thing is, there are no old Lao songs available in Laos anymore. I like songs by Khambai Khamphoumi and Thantavan. Nothing! Sometimes I find them sung by Thais in Thailand or done not very professionally by exile Lao in the States. But it is disappointing that those old songs are no longer for sale.

Naaaaaaa. Not for me. Too lame (sorry) and too many violins. Sounds more like contemporary Thai, not Lao.

Since Thailand just release the ban on Youtube let me add to AiLao's collection of Lao song by Thai artists.

Tai Orathai

Orawee

Orawee

Orawee

Lum Mahaxai from Mahaxai province to pee nong Lao fung kong.

Lum Mahaxai from Mahaxai province to pee nong Lao fung kong.

Thanks for the links. However, Mahaxai is not a province, but a district.

You are right sutnya! my bad, so any way what do you all think about lum Mahaxai far as the dialect? beside "R" and "L" do some of the word(s) used by the singer still exist at the other side of Mekong River?