Riming Condo Cm.

mrmazinkle

Thinking buying a unit here>Spend most of my time working abroad>Really look as investment for future and my retirement in 4 years..Any idea of rental ptential if it nis well finished>Comments on building or upkeep.thanks for input..Bill

Things at Rimping have improved in the past year since they have finally redecorated the common areas and I'm told the place now looks much much nicer. Larger units at Rimping used to rent for up to 25,000 a month and were advertised on a regular basis through newspapers and local agents - unsure of the demand side of the equation currently but it used to be quite reasonable. The only problems I can see at Rimping is that the management is not exactly proactive in keeping the building in good order and for several years appeared very run down and almost ghetto like inside. It was for that reason that I bought at Floral Condominiums which is located about 800 metres away - you might want to check out because building management there is spot on.

With any condo you're dependent on the building owners. Even if they're doing a good job now then consider they're most like family run affairs, and that in x years time some son or daughter will run the place, and will they be just as good? Or they can run into financial difficulty and simply don't have the money to do maintenance.

And 'for investment' : Honestly, you wouldn't invest in Thailand at this time, no matter what it is.

I bought at Floral Condominiums which is located about 800 metres away - you might want to check out because building management there is spot on.

Ahhhh yes lovely condo and well run but do you overlook or should I say overhear the Mosque call to pray next door and how many times a day is it?

I have lived in Rimping Condo for close to 4 years fistly in a rented unit and for the last 2 years as an owner and have no complaints at all. The family that still own fully 65% of the condos have advised they will not be selling any more (due to lucrative Japanaese rental arrangements) so you will need to purchase from an inidividual owner but there are often condos posted on the notice board in the lobby. Try and avoid the condos that face South and Nakornping bridge as these are noisier and you will get pretty much all day sunshine. Regarding rentals to give you an idea the 3 bedroom 160sq mtr units that face North go for 32k/month.

I bought at Floral Condominiums which is located about 800 metres away - you might want to check out because building management there is spot on.

Ahhhh yes lovely condo and well run but do you overlook or should I say overhear the Mosque call to pray next door and how many times a day is it?

The larger two bedroom units face broadly North and South with the North facing units having a view of Doi Suthep and the South facing units overlooking the mosque and a fairly bland landscape view. The mosque calls to prayer take place twice a day, in the morning and in the evening and can annoy some people. Have to say that my condo on the opposite end of the building was simply great and we would have stayed were it not for the poor air quality in CM during Feb/Mar/April. A third alternative is the slightly smaller units in the center of the building (about 100 sq meters) and these have the advantage of being much cooler.

The larger two bedroom units face broadly North and South with the North facing units having a view of Doi Suthep and the South facing units overlooking the mosque and a fairly bland landscape view. The mosque calls to prayer take place twice a day, in the morning and in the evening and can annoy some people. Have to say that my condo on the opposite end of the building was simply great and we would have stayed were it not for the poor air quality in CM during Feb/Mar/April. A third alternative is the slightly smaller units in the center of the building (about 100 sq meters) and these have the advantage of being much cooler.

Fair comment :o north would always be best anyway because it is cooler.