Satellite TV - Australia Network (ABC)

Jai Dee

DreamTV (Agila KU) have dropped the Australia Network (ABC) from their broadcast.

:o

Anyone know another bird that broadcasts it?

I'm told that Intelsat 8 (formerly PAS 8) carries it, but I was also told that it is too low on the western horizon to get a good signal.

Take a look at http://australianetwork.com/tuning/reception.htm then click the link "Receiving us via satellite?" near the bottom of the page for tuning information on 2 satelites.

These are the links to the satelite pages showing footprints.

IS-2 http://www.intelsat.com/flash/coverage-map...at%20169%ba%20E

IS-8 http://www.intelsat.com/flash/coverage-map...at%20166%ba%20E

indeed on IS 8, which is 166 degrees East, meaning it is even lower then the Agilla satellite.

However since it is C-band (which is non directional as opposed to the directional Ku band beams) it should be giving strong signal as long as there are no obstructions in the line of sight to the satellite.

Do note that ABC encrypts most of it's sports coverage (Rugby) You can however get a free smart card to descramble these games. You need a decoder box which takes Irdeto2 smartcards.

More info here

Your 7.5' dish will be fine for IS8 and you should experience no rain fade as the Australia Network signal is very strong. You will also receive BBC World on the same Satellite.

If your dish is a move system and you can not move the dish down low enough too see the satellite then you will have to get the local sat engineer out to adjust your motor a little. An easy job and should take them less than an hour to do.

Pas 8 - FTA - C band - so not rain affected?

Where are you guys? Good signal? I've got a 7.5' dish and live in Chonburi province but closer to Rayong than Chonburi.

Do note that ABC encrypts most of it's sports coverage (Rugby)

Is real football (AFL) encryted too?

Yes, it sounds like I'll need a technician to adjust the limits of my motor... no line of sight problems towards the west.

Great links Farma. :o

Pas 8 - FTA - C band - so not rain affected?

Where are you guys? Good signal? I've got a 7.5' dish and live in Chonburi province but closer to Rayong than Chonburi.

50Km North West of BKK....... 3.2 m dish

• 2 months later...

anyone know a satelite installer in the area bordered by Chacheongsao / Prachin Buri / Kabin Buri who can do this ? Any idea of cost for the dish and decoder and installation. Only interested in Oz TV and whatever else comes on PAS 8.

Is it possible to buy the bits and DIY ?

DreamTV (Agila KU) have dropped the Australia Network (ABC) from their broadcast.

Anyone know another bird that broadcasts it?

I'm told that Intelsat 8 (formerly PAS 8) carries it, but I was also told that it is too low on the western horizon to get a good signal.

hello jai dee

i have just turned my dynasat F1 receiver on and the australia network

is still being broadcast by dream (agila ku).

dream have been playing games lately,make sure you input the 00 and the 01

code if you have a problem getting all the chanells.

if you input the active code and cant get all the chanells check the previous code

you might find they have altered the first 2 digits and input again

I have problems receiving agila ku for some time, having more than enough dvd's to watch didn't really miss it but still....

can someone pm me with info about the key and the software (number-where to download)

rono

This is link has been great with the updated key's. taiwansatellite.tv, Just put the key in yourself, I have had very little problems keeping mine up to date I also tape a lot of movies for those rainy days of of dream..........Hope this helps.

I have problems receiving agila ku for some time, having more than enough dvd's to watch didn't really miss it but still....

can someone pm me with info about the key and the software (number-where to download)

rono

This is link has been great with the updated key's. taiwansatellite.tv, Just put the key in yourself, I have had very little problems keeping mine up to date I also tape a lot of movies for those rainy days of of dream..........Hope this helps.

I went to that link but couldnt figure out how to find the key you talk about. I clicked the button that said key but that just displayed a web address that led to nowhere