Working in thailand

I've applied for many jobs off jobsdb.co.th, good website for jobs, very poor response from most employers on there, including everyone from the large multi-nationals to the small companies.  Believe me, i'm pretty talented too so it's not that.

My list so far has 32 related Thai IT jobsites and agency's.  I've also got a seperate list of company's in Thailand who have recruitment positions on their website.  It's the approach that they advertise their job and you can apply for it, that seems not to work very well there.  My theory is twofold, in that the family approach like the "older Chinese family work practise style" is one reason.  You have to be introduced to the firm through an existing employee.  Second is that Asia has fallen head first into the IT certification game, because they don't understand experience is more valuable than certification because in Asia, face is everything, even if it means your technically crap, you have the pieces of paper that make you look good.  Re - read that.

I think a degree is mandatory for a work permit too, although i'm not 100% sure on that.  Would dearly love to know if this is true or not as it would clarify a few things for me.

Bangkok Post also has a IT recruitment section.

The odds are stacked pretty high against farang from applyinhg from remote.

However, and this is the good section if your paying attention.  Skills such as CCIE's (Cisco Certified Internet Engineers) and SAP people can walk over this, because their in worldwide supply.  From what little I know, SAP is boring as hel_l though.  Cisco's are great areas to get into.

• Like 2