Can I Transfer Japanese Yen Out Of Thailand

I was wondering if I can bring Japanese yen to Thailand and then transfer them via a bank to NZ without any questions or regulations ??

If some of you have tried something similar please let me know, thanks.

I transfer Japanese yen every month from Japan to Australia.

Why would you need to go through Thailand at all? If you think Japanese would ask you questions (over 2 million yen is reported to Jp Tax office) Thais could be even more suspicious.

I was wondering if I can bring Japanese yen to Thailand and then transfer them via a bank to NZ without any questions or regulations ??

Why would you need to go through Thailand at all? If you think Japanese would ask you questions (over 2 million yen is reported to Jp Tax office) Thais could be even more suspicious.

Interesting......I guess you are an Aussie, what makes a different since you just transfer money back home..........anyway, Im not a Kiwi either and since last year all transfer to NZ will be registered, because of all the Jap oba'sans moved their money to NZ because of the good interest rate compare to Japan......2nd time you transfer big (even under 2M) to NZ Uncle Jap will pay you a visit.........what is not in my interest.

But you're right the Thais will give me more trouble......just got answer from a Kasikorn, they can do ofcourse , but I need to many documents etc. plus I have to change to Baht first.....

I guess theres only the manual way to do it............

I guess you are an Aussie, what makes a different since you just transfer money back home..........

Sorry, I did not realize you were not a Kiwi.

What might help, if don't know it already is - LLoyds money xfer. That's what I use, should work with xfers to most of overseas banks.

420Y charge, like a local xfer, like paying your rent.