Englishman Arrested For Dealing Methamphetamine

sriracha john

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are many cases in NZ where by a meth'd up user has gone on the rampage and killed using samurai swords, robbed banks and so forth. Is this the society that you want your children to grow up in, and exposed to? Cause Im sure it will if we sell it like alcohol and cigarettes in 7-11 and the corner store.

this stuff aint a harmless weed backy, its dangerous stuff. Would you offer it to your child like a beer when he/she turns 20????? Honestly would you?? :o

heres a trial Ive been following back in NZ, hence my strong stance against class A drugs ARTICLE

there are many cases in NZ where by a meth'd up user has gone on the rampage and killed using samurai swords, robbed banks and so forth. Is this the society that you want your children to grow up in, and exposed to? Cause Im sure it will if we sell it like alcohol and cigarettes in 7-11 and the corner store.

this stuff aint a harmless weed backy, its dangerous stuff. Would you offer it to your child like a beer when he/she turns 20????? Honestly would you?? :o

heres a trial Ive been following back in NZ, hence my strong stance against class A drugs ARTICLE

Fair enough, these incidents do happen.

But - how many ghastly incidents happened under the influence of alcohol? Fights, Drunk Driving deaths, etc? I would clearly say that alcohol causes worldwide far more deaths than any illegal substance - would you propose to make alcohol illegal?

Oh - that happened already under the prohibition in the US, and just fueled crime syndicates earnings, and in the end was given up.

But - how many ghastly incidents happened under the influence of alcohol? Fights, Drunk Driving deaths, etc? I would clearly say that alcohol causes worldwide far more deaths than any illegal substance - would you propose to make alcohol illegal?

Surely the main reason for this is not that alcohol is that much more evil than other drugs, rather that its use is so accepted and widespread. I agree with some of your points about the silly divisions people tend to make between legal and illegal drugs... but say amphetamines would be legal and accepted by most people, whereas alcohol would be classed as illegal.

I doubt alcohol would still be responsible for more deaths.

Surely the main reason for this is not that alcohol is that much more evil than other drugs, rather that its use is so accepted and widespread. I agree with some of your points about the silly divisions people tend to make between legal and illegal drugs... but say amphetamines would be legal and accepted by most people, whereas alcohol would be classed as illegal.

I doubt alcohol would still be responsible for more deaths.

I understand that especially the in the case of meta-amphetamines this is a difficult discussion - they are some of the most dangerous substances around, far more dangerous than heroin. Personally, as much as i am for legalization - but i do have serious doubts if meta-amphetamines should be made legal.

There are natural drugs with similar effects, such as Qat (Yemen/East Africa), which are, IMHO far safer, have a better high, and not such an ugly and dangerous comedown. And they do not wreck havoc on a user's/addict's brain.

Dealing is trafficking.

Wrong,

Trafficking is moving drugs across borders, a much more serious charge.

In most countries possession for the purpose of sale constitutes trafficking.

name one

The United States:

A “drug trafficking offense” is defined in the Guidelines

commentary as:

an offense under federal, state, or local law that prohibits the

manufacture, import, export, distribution, or dispensing of a

controlled substance (or a counterfeit substance) or the

possession of a controlled substance (or a counterfeit

substance) with intent to manufacture, import, export,

distribute, or dispense.

U.S.S.G. § 2L1.2, comment., n.1(B )(iii). The Guidelines commentary further provides

that conspiracies and attempts to commit such offenses are included in “drug trafficking

offenses.” U.S.S.G. § 2L1.2, comment., n.4.

Another loooong minus for USA, incredible. How old is this law? I'd like to hear something positive for a change.

THAIVISA is a bloody drug! It has ruined my life! My marital life is deteriorating because TV has occupied so much of my time. My mental health is deteriorating for I think too mut.

I swear I am going to try my best to bring it down, make it illegal! Governments have the obligation to choose what is good for you and what is not! Make TV illegal!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Drug accused faces long wait

A Warwickshire man being held in a Thai prison following a drugs bust at a hotel may have to wait until the end of November to learn his fate.

Michael Snell, aged 48, from Bedworth, was arrested in the Thai resort of Pattaya after police raided a hotel room in August. He was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and has been detained in police custody ever since. At present he has not been charged with any offence.

But under Thai law an arrested person can remain detained in prison for up to 84 days before being charged or released.

Thai police officers have stated they found 16 sachets of 'club drug' crystal meth hidden in an empty talcum powder container in the hotel room. In all, the bags held 16.1 grammes of the drug. Crystal meth is a class one drug - the highest category in Thailand.

If convicted Mr Snell faces a substantial spell behind bars in a Thai prison.

He was paraded at a police press conference in Pattaya, where his arrest was announced.

Mr Snell was born in Bedworth but is believed to have been living in Pattaya for at least a year.

The resort is 70 miles south-east of Bangkok, known as Thailand's sex tourism capital.

A foreign office spokesperson said: "He was arrested on August 29 and has been detained. "In Thailand the police have 84 days from the time of arrest to charge someone or let them go - he could be kept until the end of November. "There are currently no charges against him."

- icCoventry

Drug taking makes you dangerous!

Boozing makes you dangerous!

Smoking doesn't make you dangerous, but the smoke you breathe out is!

Driving makes you dangerous, especially if the top two apply as well!

The world is far too crowded.................maybe this is natures own method of population control and the ultimate method of combatting global warming!

All I know is that in 35 years working for the UK NHS (Front-line too), the times I have been most frightened were facing..in decending order

People coming off crack

People on or coming off speed, uppers ' downers etc.

Substance sniffers

Drunks

Bad trippers ..LSD etc.

Generally heroin, morphine, opium, canabis users don't pose too much immediate physical threat. (happy to hear arguments to the contrary)

I have also seen shed-loads of lives destroyed by the above, many of them were poor innocents who had nothing to do with drugs/alcahol but just got in the way of someone who abused.

Should we legalise drugs?.....................There's enough ammo out there already, why do we need another bullet in the gun!!!

People

Edited by crowbait

All I know is that in 35 years working for the UK NHS (Front-line too), the times I have been most frightened were facing..in decending order

People coming off crack

Substance sniffers

Drunks

Bad trippers ..LSD etc

All I know is that in 20 years of drug and alcohol use I caused a lot more damage when using alcohol than drugs.

The times I was most frightening were

Drunk

On uppers

Cocaine

Tripping

Opiates

There was a huge gap between the first and second. The lethal mixture were speed+ALCOHOL , Cocaine+ALCOHOL, LSD+ALCOHOL.

If any of the above should be banned IMHO, it should be guess what - alcohol.

People coming off crack

Substance sniffers

Drunks

Bad trippers ..LSD etc

All I know is that in 20 years of drug and alcohol use I caused a lot more damage when using alcohol than drugs.

Drunk

On uppers

Cocaine

Tripping

Opiates

There was a huge gap between the first and second. The lethal mixture were speed+ALCOHOL , Cocaine+ALCOHOL, LSD+ALCOHOL.

Tried them all at different times, booze made me feel worse than any of the others and as booze is the only legal one i dont do any now at all, .

People coming off crack

Substance sniffers

Drunks

Bad trippers ..LSD etc

Drunk

On uppers

Cocaine

Tripping

Opiates

:o:D

People coming off crack

Substance sniffers

Drunks

Bad trippers ..LSD etc

Drunk

On uppers

Cocaine

Tripping

Opiates

Da chemical brothers 5555